Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat fun roof / t-top drain?

isn't there a drain? if so, where does it run?

I believe they're designed so that water is channeled down to the gutters above the doors; at least this appears to be the case on my '86. There's no real drain as such. What symptoms are you seeing?

something happened to my BRAT on last thursday with the 5inches of rain we had. Behind the passenger seat it got soaked. My slider was closed. up by the fun tops it was dry, around the door was dry, but the stinch of a soaked rear floor was bad. Never had a problem til 5inches of monsoon.

I will watch this thread to see what you are asking.

I believe they're designed so that water is channeled down to the gutters above the doors; at least this appears to be the case on my '86. There's no real drain as such. What symptoms are you seeing?

for drainage of any water that seeps in through the "hinge" bracket holes.

I have an additional problem of my windshield gasket broke, so it's not a complete loop. the opening is sealed up again, but not sure if the gasket being "loose" is enough of a problem to get the dowsing I get when it rains....

the water is dripping from the top window area, onto my steering wheel and seat... so either the window gasket being "loose" is the issue, or there's a plugged drain from the roof....

something happened to my BRAT on last thursday with the 5inches of rain we had. Behind the passenger seat it got soaked. My slider was closed. up by the fun tops it was dry, around the door was dry, but the stinch of a soaked rear floor was bad. Never had a problem til 5inches of monsoon.

I will watch this thread to see what you are asking.

I'm guessing yours is just due to the sheer volume we had in the short amount of time... assuming you had your topper off, and you were parked so that the rain could hit your rear window, the rain was driving forcefully enough to keep the bottom window channels full and splash it to the inside.... the seal around the sliders isn't really that great....

or if there is a drain, maybe yours is the same :)

No, there is no drain, its just open to run to the window sills.

I'll post pix if requested, but I think y'all know what it looks like up there...

Twitch

right, but if you pull the tops out, are the holes that the brackets go into sealed?

Good point. Are you referring to the two tabs with grooves that slide into the roof?

Untitled-1.jpg

I believe that is what he was referring to, and as far as I can tell, they are

sealed with a drain/breather gap/groove on the bottom of the slot.

But they drain onto the roof, not into a drain tunnel in the roof.

Twitch

PS: Sweet screenshot Durania