Midwest Subaru Meet-April 24th and 25th starts 24th at 11AM

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The family and I are in for a cabin.

It'll be me, my lifemate, and our 4 kids (ages 7.5, 6, 2, and .2)

And I never got an e-mail from Morgan...

RedLance

Sorry bout that Redlance; swore I emailed you also. Thanks for requesting that last cabin; we are in for the 20% group discount!

Im in "The Lodge" and reserved already. Im only staying there Sat night.

Sounds good Shawn. Looks like the USMB will be renting out about 90% of this place :D

so do I give them a code name when I call to reserve :)
The ultra top seceret code word is DISSESTABLISHATARIANISM.

Ok just kidding. I'm actually trying to get ahold of them and figure out how they want us to reserve this. I will reply back here when I know what exactly to do.

I emailed McBrat, 88xt6joe, subiemech85, Syrinx, and Redlance to get final definate confirmations on your requests. I just want to be positive of our requests before I tell them to reserve anything. They are kind of hard to reach by phone. I'll try all day today till I get them on the horn :)

Show begins at 11AM Saturday and most people will stick around Saturday night and leave sunday afternoon/evening depending on where they have to go I would imagine.

I won't be in the area till just right before the show. Im getting up early and driving in from home about 4.5 hours drive.

Sorry for the delayed response.....

I'm so darn close, I'll just head back home Sat. night. If it looks like a lot of people are going to be around still on Sun, I'll come back up. I'm only an hour and a half or so away.....

Just got off the phone with Loess Hills Hideaway. The group rate ONLY applys to cabins BUT he said if we rent 3 campsites and atleast 1 cabin we could get 10% off. The cabins sleep 4 to 5 comfortably. He said there are 5 beds and the dimensions are 20'x13'. If we get one more cabin we can get the 20% discount :D

I really need to hear from everybody who has curretnly RSVP'd to ShawnW to reply here IF they will be staying at Loess Hills and what they would prefert (campsite or cabin) Once I got a list of ppl confirmed at my end I can call in a reservation. I have emailed most everybody on the RSVP list.

Right now it looks like we have:

Myself, phantom, archemetis and his girlfriend: 1cabin

McBrat and son: 1campsite

88xt6joe: 1cabin

subiemech85: 1campsite

Syrinx and family: 1campsite

Redlance and family: 1cabin

Still waiting to hear from:

OmahaSubaru

Recieved definate confirmations from:

Morganm/Archemitis: 1cabin

McBrat: 1campsite

Syrinx: 1campsite

Redlance: 1cabin

subiemech85: 1campsite

Pending:

OmahaSubaru

Those not on either list who have already RSVP'd have expressed that they have alternate plans and will not be staying at Loess Hills Hideaway. I will be trying to get a hold of Loess Hills today to pencil in a reservation for the above sites. I will ask him how we should coordinate for final reservations and deposit money. Will reply back when I know further details.

Thank you.

Recieved definate confirmations from:

Morganm/Archemitis: 1cabin

McBrat: 1campsite

Syrinx: 1campsite

Redlance: 1cabin

Pending:

OmahaSubaru

Those not on either list who have already RSVP'd have expressed that they have alternate plans and will not be staying at Loess Hills Hideaway. I will be trying to get a hold of Loess Hills today to pencil in a reservation for the above sites. I will ask him how we should coordinate for final reservations and deposit money. Will reply back when I know further details.

Thank you.

Just talked to Loess Hills again. I have a penciled in reservation for 3 cabins and 2 campsites. Nothign is in stone untill everyone calls individual and arranges a reservation WITHIN a week from today. Mention you are with the USMB. I have given him your guys first names also (and nothing more). He said we are in for the 20% group discount however this souly depends on everyone reserving AND staying two nights! (firday and saturday). Most have expressed they would be staying both nights but I can not speak for everyone on this.

Two phone numbers can be found here:

http://www.loesshillshideaway.com/rates.html

Scroll to the bottom. The first one is their home and the second is the actualy campground. Both are fine to call as they work a lot out of their home. If you can not get ahold of anyone leave a message with your name, number to call, mention you are with the USMB, and wish to reserve your site/cabin (in that order pls :) )

Things are coming to gether nicely here and I thank you all for your prompt responses and cooperation. USMB really is a top notch organization :) Can't wait to see you all there and my God help me in getting my wagon road worthy by the 23rd!!! (would hate to show up in a KIA Rio :rolleyes: )

Peace

Working on both!! The wagon should make it just fine I hope(tuned it up today). The XT6 is in need of a new clutch which I already have but need to put in. I'm gonna get to my buddys shop hopefully sometime next week. I'm pretty sure I'll be in the wagon though because the XT6 isn't quite where I want it to be and it has no insurance right now.

Joe

i am also planning to come to the midwest meet. i am trying to line up the van and trailer, to get those 2 soobs in des moines. all i need to do is save 200 bucks for gas.

we plan to trailer both soos to mcbrat's, try to get the one running, and drive it while towing the other. if it wont run, we wil leave it behind and come back for it soon later

There are additional posts in the forum for this meet now regarding direction of travel to the show and lunch preferences. Please reply to those, they aren't stickied.

Thanks for the heads up; I totaly didnt even see them

I called Loess Hills Hideaway today, and confirmed my reservation for Friday and Saturday nights. They guy said he still hasn't heard from several people who have pencilied in reservations. I think he said 1 cabin and 1 or 2 campsites are still unconfirmed.

Just thought I should remind everybody. I know I almost spaced off calling them to confirm myself.

RedLance