Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mock up in solid works, Subaru R160 Locker

Prwa101

Hey thanks guys! Yeah patenting it isn't going to work, to many simmaler things to them.. And it is slightly a copy remoded... Yeah that patent page about the locker said it all.

Although! The one thing I could patrent! Is the insides what you guys havnt seen! ;) how I have it set to up addapt to the bolt in stubs. haha. Took me the most time to come up with something that worked, and it does! But prolly won't waste my money doing that either.

Well it's cool, I've already figured out how I'm going to sell them. You pretty much just paying for my solid works services, for a product. And haha. Yeah I don't think I'll be giving out any files to anyone. Haha. I dont like my files floting around.. There's ways to get around selling things ;) Parking lot style. Haha.

I'll get a working prototype pic up soon! It's looking pretty awsome!

Took me the most time to come up with something that worked, and it does!

I'll get a working prototype pic up soon! It's looking pretty awsome!

I agree it's looking pretty awesome, but you can't say it works until you have built one, installed it in a lifted wheeler, and 'froaded and the crap out of it for many miles.:headbang:

Haha thanks! And the prototype worked pretty good ;) I have faith in the full product. Oh and it's going to get used a lot haha, and tested to its exstent. Just found out that solid works had a pre stress test system so I'm going to see what that says.

Well whatcha guys think? A working prototype?! Finished printing my errors out and fixing dimms. She's workin, looks like a call around is in order after classes for a steel product :D

11816_3677969626860_225859285_n.jpg?dl=1

Price would depend on how much it's costs for me to have them be made. I'm going to try and keep costs down for my Subaru friends! I know how hard times can kill the wallet. :)

Thanks guys!!

-Prwa

Definitely interested in one. Weighing the costs of rebuilding a r160 plate lsd against buying the locker, I think I'd rather buy the locker.:brow:

For you, I'm going to give you the best deal I can when there done! I owe you, a lot! Youve helped me a lot through this project, along with giving me a used locker!

Along with him, anyone who has helped me, like GD and mike, is going to get a major discount as well! It's the least I can do, I owe you guys for helping me out as much as you have!

:banana:

I'm interested, pending price. If it's comparable to lunchbox lockers for larger rigs, I'd be in for sure.

Going to keep it down as low as possible. How much are people looking to pay??

And yeah it's pretty much an old lunchbox locker srunk down to fit a R160 :)

at LEAST $20. jk, im in at about 100-150. my main reason for wanting this, other than rarity, over a clutch lsd is im hoping itll be cheaper. i realize i could be off on price but i dont know what it costs to produce so............ya 100-150. flame on folks

at LEAST $20. jk, im in at about 100-150. my main reason for wanting this, other than rarity, over a clutch lsd is im hoping itll be cheaper. i realize i could be off on price but i dont know what it costs to produce so............ya 100-150. flame on folks

yeah im working on finding a place to make them. the price of production will change the total cost for you guy. im working finding someone to make them. BBC dosnt make that kind of stuff.... If Oregon machining would pick up the phone.. haha

Been looking around and tryin to find a price. Nothin yet. But it's going to be pushing 300$+ a unit. Nisan Spartens go for 340. And there a large company, so it's easy for then to make. Me it's going to be harder....

HOPFULLY this dosnt kill you guys... Sorry.. Still going to be hell of a product though!! :headbang:

-Prwa AAE

I would expect anyone to pay 300-400 for this product. But most of the people on this forum are uber cheap...yet some drive rides that say a different story.

I would be willing to pay 3-400 for it. Its looking really good man. Thanks for all the hard work on that.

I have had really good luck with Wheeler Industries here in town, might give them a try.

• Like 2

I've been watching this thread for several weeks, and I have to say I was a little skepitcal about someone being able to build a lockers for our cars, BUT I was dead wrong!! Awesome job!!! I agree $300-$400 is more than fair, I know I would buy one if I had the chance!!! Keep up the good work!!

This is looking really sweet!

As far as price..An Aussie Locker for a Dana 30 runs about $250-300, so I'm thinking one for a little R160 would be the same or less. Of course, you can charge whatever you want and people will pay stupid amounts for something like this, but if you can keep the price lower, its available to a wider market(including me). Base on what I see for similair sized lunchbox lockers, I think $200-300 would be fair, but production costs are production costs...all I can ask is to be fair to yourself and all of us:drunk:

One thing to keep in mind is that when these things go into production, Subaru rally/street guys, and even Datsun guys will start taking an interest too, so your sales might be bigger than you think!

Josh

Hey than guys for the input on price! Going to try and keep it down, but still working on getting it made...

But! On a new hand, after I get it testing, I'm going to be working on running a new application through it! 95+ axel stud swap, increasing axel streangth along with stud streangth. Not being hallow like the old style. Although it will require swap which is going to be more $$ for someone you. One reason why I'm making both apps, bolt in and clip in stubs. Cheaper Vs. not so cheaper.

Prwa101 AAE:headbang: