Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'13 Subaru BRZ Limited

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Dealership Shots:

I'm in love...

#2 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Home shots:

Smiling all the way...

#3 rpholz

rpholz

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • Concord, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I hate you

Damn autocorrect,
I mean beautiful car!

#4 Legourde_Nux

Legourde_Nux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Santo Domingo, DR

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

jajajajajajaja, lol

get the keys!!!

#5 naru

naru

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,768 posts
  • under the bridge

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Uggh-leee

#6 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,273 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I hate you

Damn autocorrect,
I mean beautiful car!

what he saidx2

#7 zukiru

zukiru

EJ22T

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
  • Oak Grove, AL

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Uggh-leee

You're just jealous.

And so am i. Freaking hot car!

#8 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,557 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I don't hate you cause I can only fall out of the car to get out of it :P

Pretty

#9 MR_Loyale

MR_Loyale

20 Years of Ownership. 94-14

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sweet ride. Thanks for the pics. You will have to keep us aprised of the good, the bad and the ugly as only an owner can do.  Nice color choice too. Now if you can just resist the urge to punch the throttle too high while still under the 1000 mile mark.

Some folks that got those are putting opti-coat on it. What are the changes for 2013?

Edited by MR_Loyale, 21 March 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#10 zukiru

zukiru

EJ22T

• Members
  • 1,229 posts
  • Oak Grove, AL

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

^^^ what's Opti-coat?

#11 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks all! Haters too, lol...

Stopped to grab some pics with another BRZ near work:

#12 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sweet ride. Thanks for the pics. You will have to keep us aprised of the good, the bad and the ugly as only an owner can do.  Nice color choice too. Now if you can just resist the urge to punch the throttle too high while still under the 1000 mile mark.

Some folks that got those are putting opti-coat on it. What are the changes for 2013?

Yeah, I love the black thanks. I'll def try and keep a running log of likes/hates. I've already put on almost 800mi, so I'm nearly there... Pin it to win it! haha

I don't think there are any changes from the release tho, 2013 is considered its first year in production. I went with the Limited tho, since the spoiler and leather interior were the only ways to sell my wife on the sale...

I've been thinking about a Clear-Bra for the front stone protection. I hadn't heard of Opti-coat before... Something with a permanant bond makes me a little nervous...

#13 cider3200

cider3200

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • tigard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

now if only it was as easy to steal the new gen subies as it is to steal the more "vintage" subies, like with my 86 brat!!! but really she is beautiful

Edited by cider3200, 21 March 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#14 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

1st order of business - PLEASE REMOVE THOSE TIRES, and maybe the rims, lol.

#15 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

1st order of business - PLEASE REMOVE THOSE TIRES, and maybe the rims, lol.

Haha, yeah all in good time...

I just love the front lip...

My only cons so far are the understandably cramped cockpit... I knew what I was getting into, but there are a few "design flaws" IMO.

1: the cupholders are so far back (they're literally in the backseat) that they're almost unusable.

2: the window controls are "blocked" by the armrest-handle, I literally have to snake my arm in and around the handle to get the window down:

#16 Legourde_Nux

Legourde_Nux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Santo Domingo, DR

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Since it's release, I've heard of customers upgrading to wider tires and rims......what about using the BRZ stock rims in older Subies??

#17 O.C.D.

O.C.D.

Subaru Fanatic!

• Validating
  • 690 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Since it's release, I've heard of customers upgrading to wider tires and rims......what about using the BRZ stock rims in older Subies??

The BRZ/FR-S rims pop up alot on NASIOC and LGT.  I have seen a few Legacies running them.  I almost bought a set but they are too narrow.

#18 memaxndapickel

memaxndapickel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Washington crossing, PA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Very nice car! One day ill be able to talk my wife into thinking a two door sports car is a good idea. Enjoy.

Oh and by the way when I first saw the Frs commercial I thought it was a Porsche then when I heard about the BRZ I was very excited to see the cheap rwd sports cars coming back. The styling is fun and aggressive with a nice interior I would not expect any less from Subaru. Come summer your gonna be having a lot of fun.

#19 SubieNoobie

SubieNoobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ohio

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Beautiful Car, My buddies looking into getting one, so ill have to keep an eye out on what you think about it

#20 MaddMaxx

MaddMaxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • South Plainfield, NJ

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Very nice car! One day ill be able to talk my wife into thinking a two door sports car is a good idea. Enjoy.

Oh and by the way when I first saw the Frs commercial I thought it was a Porsche then when I heard about the BRZ I was very excited to see the cheap rwd sports cars coming back. The styling is fun and aggressive with a nice interior I would not expect any less from Subaru. Come summer your gonna be having a lot of fun.

This is exactly why I got so excited about it... feels like (for me anyway), my first chance to get into something "new" in the sportscar market... everyone else is either just super-priced, or regurgitating "old" designs... hell the american manufactures all had to go BACK to their '60s designs, lol

Beautiful Car, My buddies looking into getting one, so ill have to keep an eye out on what you think about it

He definitely should, ton of fun...

My next complaint is the Nav system. It works fine, just seems clunky and slow, menus are difficult to navigate... AND as soon as you start rolling, you cant edit/enter a destination (there may be a work-around, but I haven't looked into it yet), I know its a "safety feature" but half the time I don't realize that I don't know where I am going until I'm already on my way... Very annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users