Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Ambassador?

• 1 month later...

I joined a few months ago and I think it's awesome that Subaru wants to connect with the masses. I can't say that any other car brand has made any kind of effort. I don't use social media to spread the word. I just talk with people I meet at the grocery store and gas stations while waiting in line. Two of my friends recently bought older Subaru's for their kids first cars. It's nice to know even older Subarus are loved.

• 4 months later...

That's totally awesome! I applied to the program last tear too but never got a response. :,(

So I got an email today from Subaru of America asking me to apply to be a Subaru Ambassador. Did anybody else get one of these?

Edited by superu

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my rejection email, summarized as follows: Thanks for trying, fanboy, Lots of people wanna be cool but we can only let so many...
Keep spreading the word though. Bye.

I assume I'm not in a popular enough (as in i wouldn't have much reach or exposure compared with others) market or geography. Not enough bang for buck in SE Utah; what, with Subaru's homeland just next-door, so to speak. ;)

Edited by superu

• 1 month later...

^ yeah ^

Here's the text, 

"Thank you for your interest in the Subaru Ambassador program and taking the time to submit an application. It is people like you that truly help make the Subaru brand everything it is.

Due to an overwhelming response, we are unable to welcome you into the Subaru Ambassadorprogram at this time. We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to share. Please know that we will keep your application on file in case additional openings become available in the future.

Thank you again for your support of Subaru.

Regards,
Subaru Ambassador Program Headquarters"

So it goes. . . . 

I finally got my rejection email, summarized as follows: Thanks for trying, fanboy, Lots of people wanna be cool but we can only let so many...

Keep spreading the word though. Bye.

I assume I'm not in a popular enough (as in i wouldn't have much reach ornexposure compared with others) market or geography. Not enough bang for buck in SE Utah; what, with Subaru's homeland just next-door, so to speak. ;)

Partially maybe - probably largely timing.  IPO, filled the quota, and they hung the "No Occupancy" sign. 

Initial rush favors those who frequent and love Subaru (rather than just word of mouth, i heard about it on a forum, why not jump on...) and a longer roll out would have given people the opportunity to "pad their resume"...though would have been better from a strategic/intentional marketing perspective.  They're looking at a wide range of factors to get the most out of their marketing dollars. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do they pay in Head Gaskets?

Subaru doesn't have a head gasket problem, just ask them. If you have oil leaking then its your valve cover and then after your warranty expires its really a head gasket leak. Yup bitter here! If they do pay out in head gaskets then ill sign up too. I found this site from my google head gasket problem search.

^^^ either you were really lucky or I am very unlucky because this is my first Subaru...I will not be applying for ambassadorship. That said, I still love my Subaru and I am more angry at the dealership for their incorrect assessment of the head gasket problem because the car was under warranty at the time.

The truth . . . ?  It basically boils down to did you buy a new Subaru?  That seems to be the only way in.

I was up front with them, told them I have bought new and used, but not a new one recently. I even told them why, the once mighty STi has been stale for a decade and the BRZ is underpowered, and no truck, make something better and I'll buy. And of course sent pics of my current Subarus and other cars. They accepted me right away, and I did apply as soon as it was announced. I can't speak for their decision making, just giving a few data points.

I did beg hard for a mid rear composite car with an STi engine, a Subaru version of the Alpha 4c, and suggested Subaru expanding with an up-market brand like other manufacturers have (Lexus/Infinity/Accura etc.) and I did get a response from fairly high up saying that it sparked a conversation that had not come up before, that was nice!

Edited by subarubrat

• 1 month later...