Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which GL is best for off-roading?

madness

The EA82 cars (85-loyale) have stronger axles, also 85-88 has the 5speed Dualrange, matters where you offroad, here in the northwest we encounter many a tree and the Wagon rear side windows can get bashed, I like my 86 GL coupe, but a sedan is nice too, I put the most miles on a 88 bobbed EJed wagon, that was a great car

So is this one like you all have?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5775344498.html

No. I'm not the owner, and I think this guy wants way too much (for me anyway). But it is 4cyl and it says nothing else. Is this the GL that is the off roader?

Edit: I saw this, http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1989/Subaru

I think there are different ones.

Edited by madness

That is a ea82 bodied rig You might want one that already has 4wd though I would look for a beater if your planning to wheel it any roo is gonna need to be built to be any kind of wheeler so its just your preference there's not one that's better than the others but some need more work than others look for a rig with a factory duel range or be ready to hunt for one to swap in other than that there isent anything I would look for remember there's very little aftermarket for our rigs so be ready to fab some parts there are people on this site that do make some parts like  lifts and bumpers we use parts from other cars to upgrade ours look up 2.7 loyale he is a weath of information about what parts fit