Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

seattle 2 Wcss6 caravan

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 84Scoobaroo

84Scoobaroo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Puyallup

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

Wow, 6:00 am is some early time, you gotta pay to play I guess. I would like to be part of the early group to help set up, so I can say I did something. More info would be good, PM?

#27 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:31 AM

It takes about 2.5/3 hours to get down there.
If I wasn't driving the motorhome, I would go through Randle via highway 12 and then straight south through the woods to Hood River, we came back that way last year and it was fun.

Zap, Qman, do you use CB or FRS radios?

#28 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,111 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:43 AM

We're gonna get a bunch of compatible two-ways. Cheap motorolas or something. (a whole different post I'll stat up when I'm back in Seattle in about a week) We also have cell phones, they work the best. As for more details about a caravan with Ken and I, I will also start up a thread about that with about 2 weeks to go till the meet. We'd love to have you along Scoob, more help the better.

#29 subaru420

subaru420

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

I'll be leaving Olympia Friday morning. Not sure what time but might be a similar schedule to Zap's. I'm driving the motorhome so probably won't drive over 60/65, not sure if anybody wants to drive that slow.

Are you kidding???? This is a subaru show you're headed to. We barelly do 60 down-hill with a tail wind! :lol:

I'd love to hook up with one of those groups .... That 6am sounds like a real killer though.... Anybody still down for that Noonish departure time??? I'm Seattle local, can do Southcenter, or Tacoma... It does not matter.

#30 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:53 PM

:clap: you'd think that Hood river was this wkend...everybody is pumped.....
don't worry there will be more news on the friday noon departure ...i know there will be a few of us hitting the road at noon /southcenter...
sparkster

#31 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:23 AM

Well, I'm going to be hard pressed to get the kids and wife up and at em by 6am, let alone me. I just might take an extra day off (Thurs) so I can get to bed early. Yea right, like I'm gonna sleep :rolleyes:

#32 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 30 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

if you guys(well some of you) are meeting at 12 or something in seattle then i might be able to join your caravan... i dunno though... depends on how fast my 79 will go... :rolleyes:

but ya... you guys are talking about meeting on the the friday right???

thanks all

#33 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 01:10 AM

if you guys(well some of you) are meeting at 12 or something in seattle then i might be able to join your caravan... i dunno though... depends on how fast my 79 will go... :rolleyes:

but ya... you guys are talking about meeting on the the friday right???

thanks all

correct...

#34 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:09 PM

MATT...when time get closer,:cool: lets get a head count for friday ok...
shore up the Time...either noon or whatever ....spark.....send me P/M

#35 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:42 PM

MATT...when time get closer,:cool: lets get a head count for friday ok...
shore up the Time...either noon or whatever ....spark.....send me P/M

Pmed you... Just wondering is anyone planning on bringing there mountian bike? Theres got to be some sweet places to ride down there...:grin:

#36 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:01 PM

hey..:cool::banana:

WERE STILL LOOKING FOR MORE PEOPLE FOR THE NOON CARIVAN FROM SOUTHCENTER ON THE 27TH.......SPARKSTER

#37 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:24 PM

hey..:cool::banana:

WERE STILL LOOKING FOR MORE PEOPLE FOR THE NOON CARIVAN FROM SOUTHCENTER ON THE 27TH.......SPARKSTER

I am not 100% sure whats gonna happen.. but count me in on that one....

#38 subaru420

subaru420

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

I'm in for the Subie conga line. Southcenter at noon eh? Sounds awsome!

#39 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:46 PM

Sooo... Money is gonna be SOOO tight for me to drag one of my delapitated cars down to hood river... With the legacy's frying an alternator and having just replaced it and having to replace the battery and replacing the muffler! Totally running out of money 150$ for a rebuilt alt 300 from the stealership and 75$ from the auto recking. It would be 13.00 if it was at pap!!! Guess I might just have to go in the wagon :(

#40 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:22 PM

uuummmmmmmm...

where is Southcenter???

#41 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:25 AM

about 8 miles south of seattle on I-5....you can't miss it....

#42 Dr. RX

Dr. RX

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 9,984 posts
  • Sammamish, WA

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:03 PM

Gee Matt, sorry I didn't hear about you alternator problem, I think I have one around here that would work, but I'm probably too late.

I'll probably be leaving somewhere in between Matt's group and Zap and Qman, probably be leaving my place around 7 AM, that should put me in Hood River hopefully around noon (us old guys need to stop more often then the younger guys and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up). I've got Zap's and Qman's cell numbers, could I get one from the nooner group so if I get in trouble along the way, I can call someone and maybe they can help me out?

#43 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:21 PM

Gee Matt, sorry I didn't hear about you alternator problem, I think I have one around here that would work, but I'm probably too late.

I'll probably be leaving somewhere in between Matt's group and Zap and Qman, probably be leaving my place around 7 AM, that should put me in Hood River hopefully around noon (us old guys need to stop more often then the younger guys and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up). I've got Zap's and Qman's cell numbers, could I get one from the nooner group so if I get in trouble along the way, I can call someone and maybe they can help me out?

Hrm everyone seems to want to leave earlier? I will be taking friday sat sunday and monday off so I guess we can leave whenever if I am whats making everyone meet at 12. Meeting at 7:30am would be fine with me as well, beat alot of traffic... I did go out and buy a remaned alternator from action auto for 150$ but its got a lifetime warranty so thats good. But it also might screw plans up for people who won't be checking this post again and show up at 12 and wonder where the heck everyone is.

#44 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:47 PM

Ok SOO... I counted all the "I'll be theres" and the "can I meet up with the caravan somewhere cause i'm too far away from southcenters" lol. We got.

Me (der.)

Sparkster.

84 scoobaroo but he sounds like he wants to leave earlier now.

Ratty2Austin confused about what hes bringing.
Turbone wanting to leave earlier or meet us up at tacoma mall?

Baccaruda wanting to maybe meet us somewhere?

All Talk wanting to meet us somewhere?

Subaru 420 can meet us at southcenter

Zefy wondering if his 79 can go fast enough to meet us at southcenter in time for the caravan.
Maybe next week we can all swap cell #s or something and be able to meet up with people along the way. Seems like a kinda small caravan right now but I know of a few more people coming. Or maybe we could scrap this and join the eariler caravan instead. :-\

#45 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,125 posts
  • WA

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:41 AM

I'm going to try and leave with the early group. Maybe I'll have the wife and kids meet up with you guys later :lol:

J/K

#46 84Scoobaroo

84Scoobaroo

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Puyallup

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:29 AM

I plan on leaving with the early group, Ill send out some pm's later. i need to get some sleep.

I dont need sleep :rolleyes:

#47 subaru420

subaru420

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 21 August 2004 - 12:35 PM

Subaru 420 can meet us at southcenter

Sorry... Familly is coming into town that weekend. And I have to cancel... :(

TAKE LOTS OF PICS... I wanna see what I'm missing

#48 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:50 PM

Well poopy... Might as well just leave with the early people. Or else it would just be me and sparkster! How many people estimated for the early caravan?

#49 DeathHatch

DeathHatch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Puyallup

Posted 21 August 2004 - 03:32 PM

i think ive heard something like 20+ cars or something liek that....but i dont really know if thats right or not

#50 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

:banghead: just got home from 5 days at seaside ,oregon.....yesterday on my way to Tony's in medford,or i pulled over just north of eugene,or and ck'd the hornet .only to fined i blew out my drivers side axel.....grease all over hell...got to les schwab in eugene and they put a new one on...now the damn think is clunking on my left turns.......JC......$160 ...iam still planning on friday at noon i might have to pass the hat...ahhahah......sparkster:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users