Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Washington Folks....

I've been considering the idea of a subaru cruise to Mt. Baker at some point this summer, and the idea has been well recieved on Nasioc. Here is my original thread

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603463

Still, just in the planning stages, but let me know what you guys think.

---Todd

Given I can find the time I think it would be great! And I'd support it.

HEY!! then we could meet up at my house in Deming!! HAHA

I'm up for it.. since i'm 30 mins from mt baker..

sorry.. had to brag...

Oddcomp- how convenient... then you could help put a clutch in the wagon and replace the engine too!!!

Sorry, no date decided yet. Sounds like lots of people are interested, though. Bluesoob, I don't think Deming's the best meeting spot, people would get lost, but we could swing through to get you. Changing the engine on your wagon?

I'm trying to get a hoist too, to pull my engine on the rx, so I can change the gaskets and seals. I think i can borrow a semi engine hoist. It might be overkill, but it should work.

Wow, I envy you guys a little... I grew up there. Graduated from Mt. Baker high in 1983, what a beautiful place! lived in Deming and Maple falls, as well as all over Whatcom County. post some pics would you for me when you get back? I fell in love with Subaru's about a mile past Bell's creek, up the old road to the left, just after the big left hand corner on Mt. Baker Hwy, and just before the north fork wayside on the right. (old memories flooding my mind...sorry) Have a GREAT time!!! & come see Alaska sometime, I love it even more.

I would be up for it i also live close to Mt. Baker. all i need is a date and place to meet. but i need to get my front axle fixed. if i cant in time i will drive it in rear wheel drive in stead of front.:)

I'd totally be up for it, if I've got a car together by then. :|

• 2 weeks later...
All I can see from my house are stupid trees and more trees. Could see Pilchuck if a few trees went away:D

A Mt. baker run, eh? Lesdoit!:cool:

One thing I do still really miss about WA is the trees. Nothing like those big cedars. When I moved to AK, I remember my little Bro whining that the black spruce trees up here look like worn out bottle brushes in comparison. Do you live anywhere near the south fork of the Nooksack River?

Bluesoob, you do don't you? have you ever floated it on inner tubes? I loved it when I was a kid.