Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ATTN: Colorado Subes!

dunno if it is still there. But I do know that, that is one of the few slavage yards around here that will actually let you buy a vehicle from them and take it out of their yard.

Or anyways I've been able to talk them into it.

Not in my case though...because I asked about buying the Brat as a whole...and they said it had no title..therefore the only way it could leave the yard was in pieces only. The title work alone would have cost at least 500 bucks or more they also told me and too much of a hassle. The windows and jumpseats already had dibs written on them..and this was a couple of months ago...and I did not see a '76 Wagon at all when I was there...and I walked the whole imports section looking for older wagons. Even the yard next door (Recyclers) to CAP was very bleak in the Subaru pickings...in fact there was only a couple when I was there and nothing enticing. My two cents for the topic hijackers. Xenongod

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still alive all... Computer has been down recently, and I only just got to see this thread. I'll be there in Eyesore. No mud roads this time, OK, Shawn? :)

And just to jump on the hijacking theme, I really need a drivers door window crank mechanism & an ignition cylinder & a left taillight for a '78 wagon...If anybody has or sees these items, please grab 'em, and I'll buy them from you at the meet.

Sounds like another good subie meet turnout, can't wait.

Hey Eyesore its good to know you are still alive.I will be attending this meet,but not in the Brat though.I burned up the tranny on a certain minimum maintenence road in Iowa:lol: ,perhaps you know it.I'm gonna be bringing my video camera to this one.I brought it to MWM2 and tried to shoot while I was driving.I got some great action shots of my dashboard and roof.Better luck this time.

And just to jump on the hijacking theme, I really need a drivers door window crank mechanism & an ignition cylinder & a left taillight for a '78 wagon...If anybody has or sees these items, please grab 'em, and I'll buy them from you at the meet.

Sounds like another good subie meet turnout, can't wait.

Theres an orange 78 wagon at www.pullnsave.com I was just out there today

theres also an blue 83 hatchback that has all the aluminum/armor/rockerpanels/ that are along the bottom of the doors (what ever the tech name is) all six pieces are there and in good shape, and a couple of legacy wagons, and a 84 white wagon they are open tommrow (Monday labor day)

Hassey

Gonna be on the road tomorrow, (I'm in Iowa for the weekend) Do you know how late they are typically open? And I won't get paid till the 8th anyway.... I'll head over when I get paid, hopefully it'll still be there. If you find yourself there again, I'd pay you a for puullin them. I just know how quickly PNS moves cars. Really appreciate the heads up on it!

hello everyone im james from the springs i have a 84 gl 4x4 wagon with a self made 3" or so life i have chevy/toyota 6 lug crome wheels on it. it is still a project in the works. i work at a car dealership and i got it for a dollar and have only put about $20 bucks in it thus far. i have 10.5" of clearance at the diffs with 205/75R 15's on it that i got out of our used tire pile. it now has 230,000 on the odometer and runs great. the only issue i am having is at about 40mph the steering wheel wants to shake my arms off. but soon i will have that fixed hopefully. then its up in the mountains. when i was young i used to mud race subbys i got out my dads junkyard and did verry well. ive always been a subaru nut and love it when someone says "why put a lift on such a turd" then i put it in low transfer and start climing stuff and then they understand that you never put down a subby

Ya Ya, I'm in too! Any chance of doing some wheelin? I'm not well versed on the Front Range but would love to get out and rally!

Hey Drkrazy,I think I will be sporting the most exciting ride there.My 88 GL 2wd rust wagon,with giant exhaust leak.I would love to bring my Brat but it isn't the safest car in the world right now.

Sweet another 2wd Subaru! We are getting rare you know..makes us special. Hmmm or crazy..but whatever nothing wrong with a 2wd for a daily driver. On the other hand at least you have a G instead of a D in front of the L :burnout:

Well I changed my oil and replaced my plugs.I was going to do a cap and rotor also,but not one single part store had a cap and rotor for my car.The guy at checker was trying to convince me that a cap from an 88 Hatch would work.He went so far as to bring me the cap to show me it would work.The cap he brought out was a clip style and mine is a screw type.He didn't quite grasp the concept that the Hatch has the far superior OHV engine, while my wagon has an OHC."They are both listed as having an 1800 cc engine" is what the genius told me.AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!I'm going to go get my packing done.I will see everyone on Saturday.Dave.

Well I changed my oil and replaced my plugs.I was going to do a cap and rotor also,but not one single part store had a cap and rotor for my car.The guy at checker was trying to convince me that a cap from an 88 Hatch would work.He went so far as to bring me the cap to show me it would work.The cap he brought out was a clip style and mine is a screw type.He didn't quite grasp the concept that the Hatch has the far superior OHV engine, while my wagon has an OHC."They are both listed as having an 1800 cc engine" is what the genius told me.AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!I'm going to go get my packing done.I will see everyone on Saturday.Dave.

Sure it will work if you take the motor out of a hatch...

If you need a cap & rotor just let me know, I can pick em up from the local carquest warehouse which is right down the street and give em to ya at the meet.

D'OH! I just signed up and found out about this. I have some contracting work to do tomorrow, but I will try to make it.

Well let me be the first to say Welcome!

Hope you can make it out to the meet, can always try to catch up with us at the Sonic in Golden too...anyways welcome to USMB.