Ultimate Subaru Message Board

why i hate deer

i really hate deer, especially the ones tht dont look both ways before crossing the interstate at night without wereing reflective garments. bastids.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7480974&posted=1#post7480974

here be the thread i posted on nasioc

not the real issue other than the impreza being hurt is that i really really need the get the rx running again so that i can get to and from school. i have no transportation now.the rx still wont start aswell.

a young doe ?

venison anyone ? :D

we have the same sorts of problems with kangaroos, they like the good grazing on the edge of the road, because AU is so dry, when it does actually rain, all the grass springs up alongside the road because of the runoff from the blacktop. The end result is lots of casualties, both cars and 'roos. If you ever drive any distance out here in a rental, make sure you're covered for 'roo damage, it IS a seperate clause. You DONT automatically get cover for animal damage on alot of rental cars.

Thats why my Soobie wears a big aluminium 'roo bar. Very handy device. great for mounting stuff on, like lights and winches and stuff. Also comes in handy when you want to creep up behind a mates car, drop it in Low range, kiss up to his bumper and start pushing him out into the intersection..:D

(Don't try this at home kids, this is only for irresponsible adults)

thats funny, i want a huge pushbar and driving lights. i think that would have made a differance in hte damage i suffered. although, a huge pushbar doesnt really look that good on an impreza.

a young doe ?

venison anyone ? :D

we have the same sorts of problems with kangaroos, they like the good grazing on the edge of the road, because AU is so dry, when it does actually rain, all the grass springs up alongside the road because of the runoff from the blacktop. The end result is lots of casualties, both cars and 'roos. If you ever drive any distance out here in a rental, make sure you're covered for 'roo damage, it IS a seperate clause. You DONT automatically get cover for animal damage on alot of rental cars.

Thats why my Soobie wears a big aluminium 'roo bar. Very handy device. great for mounting stuff on, like lights and winches and stuff. Also comes in handy when you want to creep up behind a mates car, drop it in Low range, kiss up to his bumper and start pushing him out into the intersection..:D

(Don't try this at home kids, this is only for irresponsible adults)

yeah that sucks.

I have had my share of deer run ins ,overs, unders and arounds.

I think that it may have something to do with peer pressure. I once had a full grown buck run out and try to clear my lifted toy 4x4. Well he broke my mirrror off and added a few dents but did not quite clear the truck. He proceded to run back up the hill where there were a whole group of deer watching. I think he had some kind of a bet goning about car jumping. and lost.

the other explanation I have is drug related. When I lived out in a well known pot growing area years ago there were some really stupid deer roaming about. And if you know anything about grownig the herb you would know that deer will go to great lenghts to get at it and eat all of it. Well one night I had two run out right in front of me as I was doing 60+. I hit both at the same time. The truck flew in the air and landed on two wheels I finally ended up in the ditch after some interesting manuvering. both deer looked like deerburger.

I blame it on the pot. stupid animals (or people) should not do drugs.

that why my wagon has the bumper it has now. yeah it spends 85% of its time in the city but its nice to have at night on some dark forrest road. Yeah I did get the idea from my trip to AU and NZD. they have em on all sorts of cars. I think they look good.

:lol: :lol:

I happen to be a member of PETA* and I like deer (and moose and caribou and bear...).

*People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

My brother got a bull bar from ARB thats mounted on the front of his jeep. That thing is pure beef. Its funny though on their website (their a company from australia) one of their main advertising slogans has something to do with "you can nail a kangaroo going 80 and it wont do anything to your car" lol

well, from the pics, it looks a lot better than it is, i went to the body shop after i got home tonight, just to look at the car(the shop was closed) the radiator support and basically the whole front end support bit is bent up rather badly, couldnt see it before cause the hood was stuck shut and the grille and light were still in place. the shop called me earlier and said that the estimate sofar was around $4300 and they hadnt finished tearing it down to inspect for more damage. it looked like they already moved the radiator off of the drive belts though, the supports are still badly damaged. the hood was definatly a total loss, then they cut a hole in it to get it opened. i was looking at some venders on nasioc and found one that was selling the twin beam morette style headlights and a cf hood withthe scoop and vents for less than the stock parts from the dealership.i might just endup saving a few bucks from the deductable and making my car better in the process. but for the meantime, i still need to get the rx running and registered sothat i can get to and from school while the impreza is down.

thanks everyone for your support and concern.

the shop called me earlier and said that the estimate sofar was around $4300 and they hadnt finished tearing it down to inspect for more damage.

thanks everyone for your support and concern.

Man, too bad you are so far away, I could probably do the repairs for half that, will all new Subaru parts.

that price is retail on all the parts and the cost of paint and labor. it should all be cover ed be the insurance co. unless they total it, in which case, id raise hell everywhere it would make a difference. i really think it would be dumb to total a car that has a little bi of body damage. but the repair costs are getting ot be near if not over 40% of the blue book value or the car.