Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cheap (?) GL10 in auburn, split idea?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7924975671&category=6783

If this doesn't go for much, i have a proposal for someone.

My wagon needs a turbo longblock to run properly.

I would split this wagon with someone on the west side of WA as such:

We part out the car.

I get the long block, you get everything else.

That way I wouldn't have to bring a dead car over to spokane just to throw it away :rolleyes:

any takers? (any takers able to do a compression test on it first? hehe)

I'd be good for up to $100..

I've emailed him asking about his bottom line. If it's cheap enough I will buy it myself...

'Cuda: I might be talked into being a delivery boy. Driving to Ellensburg, towing to Spo, same thing, right? Then the Spo crowd could pick away!

I might be interested in the car, since I don't have a blue subie yet... but my wife is talking "intervention" regarding my hoarding.:lol: (Anyway, where am I goin' to put that new parts car AND the the funding car that I want?:-\)

what are you willing to pay for a good short block??... or how about an excellent complete motor, Turbo and all fuel injection parts/computer etc. ...it even gets better...also I have a set of Gen 1 turbo heads, sitting on the shelf for the last 14 yrs or so, rebuilt, no cracks between the valves,they look near new and ready for bolt on

i can get a short block for about $75 at the parts yard provided i can find a good one. i haven't seen one in a while but i've only recently started looking again. fixing it doesn't have to happen anytime soon so i'm not really looking to have one shipped in because i think a shortblock would be about $50. thanks though.. and my heads are OK; they're gen 2s and I pulled the crossover pipe and checked the ports a few months ago and they weren't cracked underneath. i'll keep yours in mind though. thanks.

I've got to much time on my hands :rolleyes: I went and looked at it today, the tranny is definately toast. Park wont even hold the car from rolling. But on the good side, the car is in fair shape, just the right front corner is a little banged up, and there is almost no rust. Interior is in good shape.

It has 161K on it. If you had the parts this would be cheap transportation, either another AT or a 5spd. A 4wd conversion would work also.