Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weber special! bulk order, who wants to buy?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2003 - 04:17 AM

so I found a hook up on weber kits (DGAV 32/36) with the ea81 or ea82 adaptor, and air cleaner, with electric choke. I can get a better price (than normal) if I ordering in bulk (5 or more)
he only gave me an approx price- its about $375 for the new kit, and the bulk discount would be about 50 bucks off each kit (so 325 or so each)
and they take about a week to order, and they will come pre set to the type of car you order them for!

so how many people would like to order them up if you would like to make this discount work?
I have 3 sortof covered (one for sure)
it would need to be paid in advance, (all at once) so that they can be ordered....

does this sound like a good deal to anyone else?

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,109 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:05 AM

Austin
The last one I got from Bow Wow was 311.00 after tax.

Sounds like a better deal.

#3 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:39 AM

Yeah Bow Wow rocks! When I bought the 38/38, Chris at the Lynnwood store hooked me for a price way cheaper than I could get anywhere else. Don't know how they do it, but these are new genuine Webers straight from Redline. Maybe they just like the sick stuff we're doing with Subarus and want to turn us into repeat customers. It worked for me. When I need replacement parts like waterpumps etc, that's who I call first. Genuine OEM parts, ususally at good prices.
Bow Wow Seattle: http://www.bowwowvw.com/
Bow Wow of BC, Canada: http://www.bowwowvw.com/

#4 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,109 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:21 AM

I know that's the story with Dave at the Lake City strore, he first said 399, but could give them to us for 349. When he saw Ken's hatch and my Bobbed Brat, he said, "How about 299?"
When I told him the price he'd given them to us before, he dropped it to 286 for the tan hatch's Weber.

Guess it didn't hurt to give him a copy of "Best of" to watch. hehe

#5 Ratty2Austin

Ratty2Austin

have tools, will fix

• Members
  • 2,385 posts
  • West Coast USA

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:22 AM

well, thats the thing.. that is from bow wow in lynwood! i wonder if they raised their prices...??? cause I just ordered mine, and it ran me $408 after tax!!!! :eek:

?????

#6 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:28 AM

yikes way too much! i got the special used one, the last one and it ran me $100, thanks mike! still needs some tuning but works great!

#7 Subarutex

Subarutex

Oldschool Show Queen

• 2,536 posts
  • Mountlake Terrace

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:07 PM

Its all about who you know, and who you talk to at bow wow. I ordered my XT6 cluch from them. When i went in the first time, I was quoted at $180. On thursday, he hooked me up fat for $105+tax!

Plus, Chris at the lynnwood store will always give me a online discount...or a subaru club discount.

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 06 September 2003 - 09:46 PM

We need to talk to Chris more often!

#9 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:05 PM

do those weber kits come so ready-to-go that you don't need to fink with the jets and internals and such?

#10 Guest_subu luvr_*

Guest_subu luvr_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:42 PM

i guess i could go for one if it wasnt more than 300.00
would prefer a spotless used one however *hint* ea81

#11 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:50 PM

yes - they come jetted to your engine - it's a kit MADE for your engine by Weber. I don't personally think they are jetted perfect, but they will run, are driveable, and are better (in some ways) than the Hitachi.

GD

#12 Jack in Norfolk

Jack in Norfolk

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Marblehead, MA

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:47 PM

:banghead:
if you go to a vw store in VA and ask for hot parts for old subaurs they laugh.

#13 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,970 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:08 AM

Mine is $339.11 total, on it's way to my door as I type this. From carbsunlimited.com...............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users