Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subarus of the Rubicon

MorganM

I too am using this as motivation to put my wagon back together. I wrote the list on the hood yesterday Roadkill style. Thank you so very much for sharing.

I suppose I could write a list on the door,but it might also be depressing.

EDIT: I made a list and there are 50 things to do not even including putting the engine and transmission in,some small tasks and others large.I don't think I could fit that list on the door. :(. I still have alot of work to do on the body,the suspension,the wiring,interior,brakes,etc

Edited by Uberoo
  • Like 1

since ya've got the files, any chance of putting them up on the tube??

;)

I never quite saw John's weeble driving, but saw a couple short clips of it on the Rubicon, like ten years ago. . . .I like talking about roos on the rubicon but don't know any moredetails, so reviving this thread is great!!  :headbang:

IIRC the weeble wobble was 31" tires,12" lift, sammy t case, ej22+4EAT,and open diffs or limited slip.Althrough from the video the subaru automatic is crap offroad, because its not tight enough for continuous motion.It looked like driving with a rubber band.It needed constant blipping of the throttle to get up over anything,While the UNHATCHED hatch with an ea81 and a manual just motored up everything.

quote name="Uberoo" post="1224192" timestamp="1397292243"]I dunno I have never uploaded anything to youtube.Don't know how its done.Although can't you only upload 15 minutes at a time?I got 2 DVD's,I haven't seen the second one yet but the rubicon vid was like 2 hours.

YouTube uploading is relatively straight forward ( I say now that I've been doing it for a while), some video formats are quicker than others, etc. etc.

As a new user you're correct in that uploads are more limited in length, but it could be spliced in another video program and uploaded in pieces, say part 1, part 2 etc.

Maybe someone more familiar could do it? 8-)

Just a thought though. Kind of a "if there's a will there's a way" sort of thing. ;)

I could do it easily but that would defeat the point that every one was givin the chance to step up and buy them for only 15$ for 3 hours of vids and a bitchin sticker too!

I could even host them and post linked through YouTube but. They look better on my big (to me) tv.;).

how ever if one was over kick'n it I wouldn't hesitate to through it in.

Edited by apintonut
  • Like 1

Please don't post the videos I sent you on You Tube.

I feel like this should go without saying.

I am glad you did say it though so it's clear.  You could claim copyright.....and public display without permission, even not for profit would be a violation.

And for sure YouTube is for profit.....not nessecarily for the uploader....but for YouTube corp.

fair enough ezapar.  I agree, apintonut, 3 hours worth is much better viewed on a sweet big TV, and the sticker and "ownership" of having the disk goes a lot farther than instant smartphone YouTube access. At the same time, quick referencing via the tube is handy.

All that said, I totally respect your just coming out and expressing your wish for maintaining its privacy ezapar.

It also helps with the etherial legendary nature of Subarus on the Rubicon!  :)

I hope they came with "limited edition reburn" decals on the jewel case :lol:  

You should post a pic of the sticker too to add to the legendary awesomeness of the limited number of real copies!  :ph34r:

ciao, and keep on keepin' on!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm done making and shipping copies.  I just wanted to make them available for a minute because I'd had a few inquiries.  Maybe in a couple of years I'll dig out the box and do it all over again.  I hope those of you who got vids thought they were worth the cake.

• Like 2