Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Moonrocks (56K Beware)

Jibs

So all of us Nevada guys hit up the Moonrocks again, and this time we did some of the more technical stuff. I FRIED the clutch in Lifted, and it can no longer drive.:banghead: Other than that not too much damage done. Here are pics of Lifted, others will post pics of their rigs.

Here's all of us together:

3967PICT1083_Small_.JPG

Flexin:

3967PICT1087_Small_.JPG

I almost tipped it there, here's another shot:

3967PICT1089_Small_.JPG

And here's some SWEET action pics, this rock line I picked was pretty hairy:

3967PICT1090_Small_.JPG

3967PICT1096_Small_.JPG

3967PICT1095_Small_.JPG

3967PICT1097_Small_.JPG

Yup, lots-o-fun on the moon, great pix guys. Was great to put a couple more faces to the names out there, hopefully you'll have your hatch going next time.

C'mon, ya think I'd let the lifted/modified rigs have all the fun?

"Shirt sleeve weather": Yeah, I'd prefer to be sliding around in the snow in November, but yesterday's 50-60 degrees sure beats 100 as was in August.

Sorry you missed it Brian..sucks about your car..I could probably find you a nice cheap older Honda to get you by til you get another rig. Stick with the n/a EA-series stuff, much more reliable and too little power to get into too much trouble:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA, dave are you talking about your old honda? Didnt think you still had it.

How cheap are we talkin?

-Brian

LOL..no, that one's long gone (and I'm keeping the Acura for awhile), I didn't think you'd be interested because I know how much you love Hondas, but I can ask around. I have a neighbor in the next county that has a decent EA82 he might consider letting go to the right buyer.

Lets see.....

Encinitas (San Diego) to Reno is 613 miles, about 8.5 hours, which is do-able for a long weekend, and my dad wants to "store" the water wagon at his place, although my mom, not so much. I guess once i get my perverbial crap together i might be up for a moonrocks run. leave a car in Cali with Michigan plates, could be a good time.

We can bring Junkie too, if he can keep a subie running long enough ;)

Yeah didn't TSJ say that the next time he's comin up he's gonna be hitchhikin?:grin: I'm messin with ya Brian, I could lend you a Brat to drive up here, but you're gonna have to figure out how to get up here to get it.:lol: Boy, I'm killin myself today!! We'll get you into somethin soon!

I do have to make a trip up there to get that engine from Jeremy. So maybe we can make a day out of it. I have the use of my parents jeep for now, they seem to be pretty understanding so I dont think I'll need to buy a replacement.

I dont know if I can trust driving that jeep to Reno and back, but its made the trip many more times than my RX ever has.

Oh, and i have new days off too... starting next week Sat & Sun off, think there's still time before the snow starts to fall?

-Brian

Hey guys,

Here's a couple of pictures we took up there. Is there any way to exceed the 50k file size limit I keep running into?

NV

Awesome pic's NVBigBlue! I love the one with the burning tire rubber/clutch. Yeah you can upload your pictures into the gallery. Then post them like we did.