Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle May 19-21

05STi: the ricer comment in the prev. post is a big no no. People on this board are really sensitive to that so ummmm either eliminate that term from your post or someone else will do it for you and they might not be too nice about it.... (just a little heads up) (there was a big blow up about this a month ago)

Geez, relax. I'm talking about the typical Honda boys with their big antenna wings and bad stickers. I don't see why everyone would be so "sensitive" to it.

If it's going to be one of those shows, I'll just sit it out. I prefer to share my time with a more mature crowd of enthusiasts than the ones doing burnouts in the Boscov's parking lot.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

05STI, bring that STI, I brought mine and hope to have both the STI and BRAT there this year. You are so right about the other Carlisle show also known as the ricer show. This show has NOTHING in common with that show. This show is more like the Subaru, Saab, Opal GT, MG, Tiumph, sort of thing. For those of you who don't know what 05STI was mentioning, there is (was) a show at Carlisle that was mostly Honda/Hyundai/Geo etc. and no bones about it the show was a perfect representation of the worst stereotype you can come up with for the word ricer. Where as our crowd has a clean-up crew after the show to make sure that every scrap of garbage is picked up, their folks knock over trash cans. They do burnouts (such as a geo storm with 500lbs of aftermarket bling can muster) at every light, and generaly pose a danger to the public. That show has been kicked out of every place they have moved it to. This is NOT that show, this is a much different affair.

Stay tuned for the website, a list of registered cars will appear there as well as the goal for registration and getting our own club area!

I was just yelled at for posting the "ricer" term. :-\ Sorry, but I couldn't think of a better way to describe the "show." That's all I was referring to, but apparently others didn't realize that, aside from you. :-\

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the "show." Carlisle Productions USED TO hold an import show, and I think it was cancelled after only a year or two. I went once (when I owned my GTI 1.8T), and basically hung in the "Euro Section" with the Audis, BMWs, and VWs. I didn't even bother looking at anything else.

Anyway, my main concern was that this show was just another one of these shows. I'm just trying to clarify that it ISN'T, because I have better things to do with my time. :)

I'd definitely be happy to show up with my STi. I doubt I'll be "showing it," per se, but I wouldn't mind parking amongst the others. :)

This sounds like fun! It is timed perfectly as I will finally be out of school! Now all I need to do is get a subaru. Maybe if someone has an additional car that they want to take I could help out and drive one for you. Who knows. Its a few months away, but keep me in mind.

Moosens/Bucky 92, will the coupe be there?

I didn't mean to amplify the problem by using the word ricer. I will keep my opinions about whineyass's and being offended to myself (NOT directed at 05STI or Subeman90).

On to more important matters about showing/......!!!!

There is a "invitational showing" for some cars, say a 1958 SAAB, or a Diablo VT kit car, where you are competing for recognition of having an assembly line perfect car. The majority of the show, and certainly our club area on the Show Field (how confusing) is NOT in any competition, just parked out for others to see and check out.

I didn't mean to amplify the problem by using the word ricer. I will keep my opinions about whineyass's and being offended to myself (NOT directed at 05STI or Subeman90).

On to more important matters about showing/......!!!!

There is a "invitational showing" for some cars, say a 1958 SAAB, or a Diablo VT kit car, where you are competing for recognition of having an assembly line perfect car. The majority of the show, and certainly our club area on the Show Field (how confusing) is NOT in any competition, just parked out for others to see and check out.

Awesome. I'll be glad to show up!

the sport compact show of old pretty much died off after the events of 2003. they held it in harrisburg in 04, and i thought it was pretty good. not nearly as many asshatters. they had a similar show in state college last year but i have no idea what that was like as they hosted it the same weekend the import/kit-car show where i was. this year its the "performance & style" show 2 weekends before this years import/kit-car show.

theyre 2 completely different crowds. the craziest youll see is people putting their cars around at night and making a little bit of noise.

bring that sti!

oh, and on a side note, id like an idea of what kind of beer you folks like. i like my beer dark and thick...

the sport compact show of old pretty much died off after the events of 2003. they held it in harrisburg in 04, and i thought it was pretty good. not nearly as many asshatters. they had a similar show in state college last year but i have no idea what that was like as they hosted it the same weekend the import/kit-car show where i was. this year its the "performance & style" show 2 weekends before this years import/kit-car show.

theyre 2 completely different crowds. the craziest youll see is people putting their cars around at night and making a little bit of noise.

bring that sti!

oh, and on a side note, id like an idea of what kind of beer you folks like. i like my beer dark and thick...

Ok, cool. A mature crowd. :D

My favorite beer is A&W. ;) No alcohol for me. ;)

I'm not really a big drinker and since I am going to commute to the show that isn't the best idea for me anyhow. Also, if it is hot I usually don't drink either because it just makes me feel like crap in the stomach. :drunk:

That being said....You and scott figure out what you want and do it accordingly.

Maybe this year I'll go get buddy buddy with the citroen and peugeot people and see if I can score some wine. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm not really a big drinker and since I am going to commute to the show that isn't the best idea for me anyhow. Also, if it is hot I usually don't drink either because it just makes me feel like crap in the stomach. :drunk:

Yeah, I have a sensitive stomach too. I get sick even if I eat bread and drink water.....seriously. :-\

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah' date=' I have a sensitive stomach too. I get sick even if I eat bread and drink water.....seriously. :-\[/quote']

Huh? That doesn't sound too healthy. How do you live?

What's not healthy is 16+ hours round trip in a Brat to get to Carlisle... or renting a rig to haul the Brat and gas for an F-350 diesel, hotel room, food... etc. Sorry, I would LOVE to show, but logic dictates.

Then bring the Baja. Or, if you feel up to it, drive to my place, and we can swap cars--I'll go through hell in the Brat for most of the trip and you can enjoy the (relative) suptuous luxury of my Justy;)

Join us if you can; it's not about the cars but the people.

Huh? That doesn't sound too healthy. How do you live?

What's not healthy is 16+ hours round trip in a Brat to get to Carlisle... or renting a rig to haul the Brat and gas for an F-350 diesel, hotel room, food... etc. Sorry, I would LOVE to show, but logic dictates.

Eh, surely not healthy, no. I'm just being sarcastic about the "bread and water" comment, but honestly, I have serious stomach issues...

That's right,it's not about the cars it's about the people.So bring earplugs.:lol:

Seriously,it's 4 hours from Bridgeport,at reasonable speed.I'm probably leaving Saturday moring around 5-6AM if you guys are up for caravan action.

There's an outside chance that we might do the family thing and cabin camp,or tent camp,or cheapy hotel.If that's the case I'll be there Friday night.

Sometime in the next couple of months we'll work out who's going and who can caravan down from New England.

I have to offer up an aoplogy to everyone, my son has been in the hospital with a ruptured appendix and home life has been chaos. I WILL have the website released soon and we can get this show on the road. I have the Carlisle paperwork in hand and we ARE registered as a club, that is all taken care of. Details to follow.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, long story short, I just moved to Pa (york), and am wanting to get involved with the Suby community. As some of you know, I was VERY involved in Ohio, having organised meets and everything.

If someone can please let me know a little more about the "club" and the Carlisle meet, I would appreciate it.

What goes on there? and is anyone camping?

Currently I have my 87 gl-10 running real well now. It has the honda springs in the back, new struts all the way around, new injectors, D/R conversion, new axles, and I am working on a wrx turbo, TMIC, WRX seats,big brake conversion, and Allied lift. I already have tires and wheels (225/75/14 wildcats).

I am not out to destroy my gl but love trail riding, and camping. Is Carlisle a good meet for me and my son?

If someone can please let me know a little more about the "club" and the Carlisle meet, I would appreciate it.

What goes on there? and is anyone camping?

Club is only to get aenough people united so the Carlisle folks will set up a tent for us.The group normally needs to be at least 25 pre-registered entrants.

Lots of rows of cars seperated into groups like Italian(not so many so they lump them together),or by marque like Peugeot,Saab,Volvo,VW....etc.

We park directly across from the Italians,so you're in excellent company.;)

Camping,yes.There's camping there or nearby.

Gifford Pinchot State Park is excellent,but last time we noticed that they really don't have the place running 100% untill late May,just after we blow through town.Not saying it stinks,but things like tall grass,still many signs of winter,etc.Still cheap and worth the stop.

Is Carlisle a good meet for me and my son?

I went with my family two years ago.My 8 year old son will probably be there with me this year.There's plenty to do around the area for both of you.Kids will be bored with anything after an hour or so,but there's lots of interesting cars and some walking to do to see them all and the exhibits.

we really aren't a club.... mostly a bunch of people that get together once in a while. With that being said...it is very family oriented. Scott brings his son. The language is usually ok...maybe the occasional f bomb.

This is a show and not an off road event.

Camping: Scott does it at the show. I am priss and I go home every night to a nice warm shower and a soft bed :D

Where are you in the York area? Wifes from there and we get over quite often (we are only 40 min away)

Camping I would find preferable. Last time I was in Carlisle I needed a place to crash...ended up stopping at Carlisle Days Inn, $70 for a room off peak with a midnight check in, TripRewards and AAA discounts :mad: Definitely not worth the hassle of finding a hotel or driving back home if it's out of the way.

So basically it is a car show, and you can camp out in the vacinity?....

Are the cars judged, or just show and tell?

Sorry for the questions but, I just want to be prepared. Is there a web site that would help better prepare me for this event? I am very interested, as you can tell. Basically I am trying to decide if I should roll solo, or if the family should come. My wife is not to fond of long car shows for long periods of time, how are there other events?

As far as where in york I live, I live in Windsor. I work at the NTB on rt 30.

I think your wife will get bored. My wife gets bored and she is a little into the soobs. It makes for a really great time to BS aobut soobs and stuff like that but if someone isn't into older cars (car show type stuff) then i would say solo might be your best option.

NTB huh....discounts maybe??????:D there is a great chinese place that we trek over to once in a while that is close to your work. i think it is in the same plaza as Staples and the place is called A-won buffet. Good stuff!