Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blue Bomber club car

Scott in Bellingham

todays pic

Copy_2_of_OZwgn_0401.jpg

Why not re-attach the doors and cut them to the desire half level? That way you do not have to do a lot of sheet metal work and it would follow the body lines. Just weld them shut and fill in the seams as necessary. And since the doors are already 3-5 inches wide, you could cap them, install arm pads, and install drink holders!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a Lexus in Moab last weekend that someone had done much like your photo shop pic. It was way too flashy for my taste but it was an interesting idea.

Your picture is missing roll bars?

I'm sure they are in the plans, I just didn't see them in the picture?

The Lexus had a roll cage...

Heres a recent photo

Bb102.jpg

2" lift in front ,none in back , 27" swampers, loads of fun:brow: :eek:

woah, u need to put on like a 3 or 4 inch lift! :-D

If i were u, i would lift that puppy big and do a t case mod, and then run like 31 inch tires, it would damn near be unstoppable.:headbang:

Your picture is missing roll bars?

I'm sure they are in the plans, I just didn't see them in the picture?

Im really liking it with the roof still on, Its probably going to stay, need to saw off some more stuff , put a few bars on the back and sides , It really goes good with the extra weight removed and no rear hangin out , got used to a welded diff on the white car, already got stuck a few times without it in this car, I think thats next ,and lift the rear a few , maybe tonight :brow::eek:

If it were me, I'd keep the roof on and add some steel tubing to strenghten it.

I think your never going to regret the ability to have a sun block and storage space.

I put a roof in Summer even though it added weight, I thought the benefits out weighed the weight.

thinking about this look:eek:

Bb103.jpg

Almost perfect, camo it first, then the Flying Tigers shark. Cut the doors down weld 'em in, add a cap to join the inner and outer skins and create a step ... oh yeah, and the 'cup' holders.

It'll rigidize the hull immensly as well as keep the bodies contained.

• 2 weeks later...
That thing looks really sweet Scott.Any new updates?Also is it easier to drive around over stuff since it is stripped down quite a bit?Really nice rig!:headbang:

PS- This is my 1000th post!:D

Happy 1000 to you

the car is way wayyyy better with the weight removed, , and no tail out back , just mounted up a Ramsey 8,000 winch on front, and welded the diff, went up a spot I couldnt make befor with the open diff,

this car will never be road legal, would like to build one similar thats road legal

That's IT! I'm registering a complaint with PETT (People for Ethical Treatment of Trees).

The shame, making a poor tree support an automobile ... or what's LEFT of one.

:brow:

Reminds me of when I lived in the Sierras. There was a couple of big old trees downed in a STEEP gully behind my house. I bucked the trees down and split the rounds on site. Then I backed my Toyota FJ40 down on the winch, and after loading the thing up hauled the wood up outta the gulch. Took about ten trips to get all the firewood. I sweated breaking a shear pin the whole time.