Ultimate Subaru Message Board

North East Offroad Subi Meet: July 15th, @ Paragon

Just thought i'd consolidate all the info into one post, so people don't have to scroll through 13 pages to get the info.

So here it is.

We will be meeting at Paragon on Saturday, July 15th, at ~9-10am.

Paragon (http://www.paragonap.com/) is located in Hazleton PA, directions can be found at: http://www.paragonap.com/p_directions.htm

If you are planning on attending this meet there are a few things you should have (the park requires them):

Seat belts and rollover protection for all occupants

Four Wheel Drive, low range is not mandatory

Hard mounted tow point front or rear

Recovery strap (no metal hooks on the ends)

Full size spare

Battery tie down

Orange safety flag

At least three vehicles in a group

They also require that one person in the group become a 'trail guide' type person... which is basically you watch a 15 minute video, telling you about the park, i believe it's free.

A 1-Day pass is $35/vehicle, 5 bucks for passengers. Rates get better if you get a longer stay pass, more info: http://www.paragonap.com/p_rates.htm

You need to fill out a waiver.. saying if you get dead, it's not their fault, you can do it there, or just download this guy and fill it out: http://www.paragonap.com/adobedocs/waiver_v03_06-2005.pdf

If you're a minor.. suck it up, and read the website for instructions ;)

If you're Interested in the trails there, here's a trail map: http://www.paragonap.com/p_trailmaps.htm

After wheelin' at Paraon, i believe 75subie is planning on hitting up a junkyard nearby, i'm game for that, as i hear there's some good stuff there to pick through.. ask him for more details on that :)

Several of us will be camping out saturday night in the area... some at paragon.. some elsewhere? i believe 75subie knows of some campgrounds in the area, there's some 'lodging' ideas on the paragon site, but.. they don't allow adult beverages there:rolleyes:...i'm just going to figure it out when i get there ;)

http://www.paragonap.com/p_lodging.htm

As for more on the camping... i can see if i can bring a grill, perhaps we could have a BBQ at where ever we (the people staying..) descide to condolidate.

And finnally.. Good Times will be had by all :brow:

The following people have expressed interest in attending, i'll PM yall' just to be annoying and let you know this thread exists :D

If we can get 25 or more vehicles we can try to get a group rate... currently we have ~ 14-16 tentitivly.

75subie Andyjo backwoodsboy operose moosens 88HatchMonster strat robricc Hotshot subie94 Mr Fishums sayn3ver nickb21 nkx BruceyWV jeep5.9litre

Hope to see you all there! :headbang:

• Like 1

CB Preference? One thats free :P

And I dont know if I'll sleep at camp. Between the rates pre-designated camping spots are and a girlfriend not too enthusaed about sleeping in the woods, I might get a cheapie hotel, just for the night. Be nice to not have to worry about my touring tires gettin stoled.

Also, I asked a Local Jeeper about the park, he said that the first level trails are easy, almost boring. While the second level is for advanced but near stock 4x4's. He said that the second level is the best he would be able to do he thinks, and he has a very well set up Wrangler. (Lockers, 31's)??? I say we could do the blue, personally. Just dont forget the tow strap.

i'm up for staying wherever. just need to put in off for the sunday (i already have saturday's off)

for those that are planning on camping out, do we want to bring food and such to share with the group?

as for the junkyard, harry's u pull it is a pretty sweet place. i believe it's $2 to enter... website for them is here

as soon as I get some beaureacratic *************** straightened out with regards to title, the legacy will be coming off the road, and the xt6 will take it's place.

this is both for me to drive the xt6 :burnout::burnout: and to "freshen" up the lego :grin:

it's got 17" rims on it right now, but I could swap the wagon's wheels/tires onto it for wheeling purposes, but I guess this means I really need to figure out the skidplate eh?

Sounds awesome, I'll see if I can make it. Think a stock OBW will do alright?

stock obw will go all sortsa crazy places but you might have to beat it to go to the craziest..

if I'm bringing the xt6 I won't be doing anything nuts, that's fo' sho

I am definetly camping. I will either sleep in my car or if someone lets me bunk in their tent, as i do not have the extra funds currently to purchase a decent tent.

I would be down for a bbq/cook out. We could all bring coolers in the rigs which should be more than enough for those staying.

As for trail difficulties, i am willing to try anything short of winching straight up rock faces. Remember, we are a group and thus recovery recsources and tools should be very abundent.

Does anyone use that 40$ cb at radio shack? How does it work?

Jon,

I thanked you in my "Stash that'll blow your mind" thread.

But you deserve a lot more thanks,so here's another one that maybe you'll see.:)

Thanks for the lead on the barn stash.So far,so good.:headbang:

OK,I'll try to incorporate a family weekend vacation somehow and see if we can take the family truck ('89 touring wagon).

I know we're going to break something this time.Too many times off roading and never a real breakdown.

Hope to see you guys there.

Harry's too!!!

Jon,

I thanked you in my "Stash that'll blow your mind" thread.

But you deserve a lot more thanks,so here's another one that maybe you'll see.:)

Thanks for the lead on the barn stash.So far,so good.:headbang:

youre very welcome, paul. im just glad that someone has made use of that stuff instead of letting it rust away to nothing in that barn.

I am working on the seats right now in my wagon.

The swampers are more or less clearenced, rubbing on compression and lock, but eh I'll work on it after I get the list done a bit:

Get Seats in

Transmission Cooler

Middle undercarriage protection

Front end protection

Then go back and make full clearence for the swampers no matter what (Angle grinder for the win?)

Oh, other stuff, good times will be had! don't go forgetting about it!

i still need to make myself a flag... i'll just throw it on the CB mast :D

So i think i may bring my snow tires... drive down on the alloys.. and maybe change onto the snows when i get there... they're shorter, but they've got some tread... and if i blow a tire, i'm going to want a FULL set of tires to get back home. Sounds to me like i'm going to be sporting the rocket box ;)

Well guys,

I've scored me a used CB radio and tow strap:banana: Also a nifty light bar and roof lights (really helps in the fields..... and when the front lights are covered with mud:brow: Im coming along with the painting too (hood, cowl, wiper arms, and drivers door so far)

I think Im gonna have to wheel with my stock tires and 13" steelies though. (unless somebody has a set of beefy-er wheels/tires that'll fit and bring em to the meet for me & we'll settle on a price):D ........and the BEST PART.....got me an arc welder for my 25th b-day!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Gonna have to see if I can fab me up a sweet roll bar or something before the 15th!!!:grin:

JOHNS_BRAT.jpg

I've been working on my lifted 88 hatch like crazy every weekend.

I might have it done and on the road for the meet... but it will be untested, and I don't know if a seven hour trip is the best way to break in a car I just reassembled from scratch :rolleyes:

So if I go it might be in my blue "87-STOCK-monster" :)