Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lol, Snorkel project now complete

fnlyfnd

stuck the pipe in the hole and bolted it down. no pics, will get some over the weekend tho

So you guys just love to hate the newer guys, huh? Sorry I don't have a ea w/ a 4" lift some super swampers and a welded diff. I gotta stick with low overal cost and reliability so I can be a student. I am just trying to add some character and cheap insurance for when I do make it to the big mud holes.

Looks good to me man, it looks an awful lot like a siren so people might think you're Volunteer Fire Department or something. :banana: (and presume you're an @sshole)

Another super cheap mod is cracking your front bumper, and then reasoning you didnt need it anyway and amputating the airfoil out. Approach angle for me is something like 35+ with the SSR's on.

Picture of mine.

I'm sure you've seen it at SoB though.

Hey, looks awesome!

don't take any of our comments the wrong way. we all love to see other guys modding their soobs, and doing what they were meant to do....

but, in all reality....I bet both of my EA soobs (one 4" lifted, other lowered w/ EJ swap) cost less than your outback ;) and are just as reliable. Just have to know where to look :cool:

but at the end of the day....I certainly understand the saving-money-cause-I'm-a-poor-student lifestyle :-\

Right now my biggest concern is getting a clutch/fixing oil seals, and Tires.

Then underbody armor, extending the rear diff breather (still don't know what to do), fan switch, sealing the coil with a lexan type box. maybe not in this order, cause again I am broke.

thats sweet! i have the some thin goin except im not putin it threw my fender. i have a 1979 brat and and im making a custom O2 box that simular to the hi tech snorkles used for sea research. if water happens to get in this box it fitlerout the H2O and spits out the drain holes befor it gets to the main filter. then all i have to do it make the grill scoops for the air box and then make the coils water proof housing. but yours looks awesome and if you want i know some awesome sites that sell parts for dirt cheap. :grin: