Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HP's Annual Christmas tree run

I am getting tree permits tomorrow and want to know who's interested. We are looking at the last weekend in November(Nov 29th) or the second weekend in December(Dec 13th)

I would prefer Nov 29th. Please let me know who's gonna go and if Nov 29th will work for you.(it is Thanksgiving weekend BTW)

Austin, look at the weather reports lately. Last year we were at 5000 feet elevation (I think--qman, bail me out on this). I suspect we'll have snow. Take the lifted wagon with the gnarly tires; I'll be bringing my Brat and keeping my fingers crossed.

my car *might* pass emissions now, I changed the BLACK air filter and plugged the vacuum leak. It runs better and its easier to keep the revs where u want. And it also doesn't smell like a gas can when u sniff the exhaust! It smells like catalitic sp? My friend wants to go with me to the tree place to get a tree, how much are the passes? I don't want to pay a ton if he has to bail on me. But I would like a tree as well.:santa: Oh and I would bring the snow tires and hook up the linkage...

Exactly where and when are people meeting on Saturday? I don't think I can make the whole thing--might have to work. I might be able to say hello and pick up a goodie Qman's got for me if I know where and when to find everyone.

I was up the North Fork of the Snoqualmie last weekend and it did not take long to find snow. I think there's more on the way, too.

P.S. SuBaRallyVovo, if you can find a ride home I can probably give you a ride to the Xmas tree run.

i really wanted to bring a friend along, but I just don't know if my volvo will make it, and how many extra seats and how willing people would be to let us take em up... If Brian goes he says he will have open seats. So thats what I am hoping for. But right now it looks like i'll be taking my volvo with a set of snow tires. I agree its a stupid idea to take my subaru in the snow w/ out insurance. I don't wanna pull a Miles fox lol.:D

Hrrmmm - true. I'll get some slack on the tow line, and take a running start! I bet the bumper gives before I move that tank.

I think what Zap is trying to say is that we want to be absolved of all responsiblilty for what happens to a RWD tank with no ground clearance if it tries to follow us. But of course your welcome to try. And I will probably pull you out (if your not too annoying). Any damage I cause in the process tho.... well that's not my problem. :brow:

Oh yeah - thanks again for saving my bacon with your AAA. I'm going to get AAA. Hopefully I can return the favor sometime.

GD

WOOHOO! I'm positive I can rip the bumper off an XT! :cool:

J/K - don't want to offend any XT people out there. :banghead:

Seriously tho - I'm with Qman - 4WD or AWD is the WHOLE POINT of this outing. If you don't have access to a car with one of these sytems (doesn't have to be a Subaru), and you can't find a ride with someone who does, then perhaps you should stay at home - or I guess you can leave the Volvo in the parking lot, and run - got some snow shoes? Hehe.

I say we outright ban non-4WD and non-AWD vehicles from the off-road portion of this outing right now. What does everyone think about that? Anyone got a reason we shouldn't?

GD