Ultimate Subaru Message Board

offroad brat

michael appel

A lot of people are gonna tell you not to do it because of the weight issue, but Sweet82's done it. I know there's a couple of atv rims that are close to our bolt pattern. (I heard like 4 x 139.7mm or something close.) Check around, some of the atv tires nowadays are getting to handle more and more loads.

A lot of people are gonna tell you not to do it because of the weight issue, but Sweet82's done it. I know there's a couple of atv rims that are close to our bolt pattern. (I heard like 4 x 139.7mm or something close.) Check around, some of the atv tires nowadays are getting to handle more and more loads.

Sweet82 has custom rims and ATV tires. and no body.....it's substantially lighter than a real soob.

this has been discussed a number of times, bottom line being that you're putting something like 5 times more weight on them then most of them were designed for. whether that's a risk you're willing to take is up to you....

Theres no way they are going to be used on-road, so the risk of anything but damaging the tire or brake lines and stuff is pretty small..

There was some atv tires talked about which had a much higher load rating, I think it was posted my flyb0y. Check the similar threads below, may get some good info in those.

There are issues with any tires. The tires are not my complaint, gearing is!

The biggest issue I have is developing the horsepower.

With a 22 to 1 crawl ratio, over sized tires take their toll on power.

I'd choose your tire size carefully.

Steep Climbs are out of the question with way big tires.

--Before you say it, if I was going to put in a second transfer case, I'd start with a different platform--

Having said all that, I think your Brat would rock with ATV tires.

They new polaris and grizzlies all out weight my brat

did you forget to put in the motor? :lol:

seriously though, yes, some of the bigger ATVs are pigs by comparison to other ATVs. but you are going to be hard-pressed to find an ATV that weighs more than 1500. heck, in MN, anything over 900 is no longer considered an Class-1 ATV. (class 2 was just created, is only up to 1500, and so far, there are zero class 2 designated trails)

and I have no concept how you might have gotten your brat down to those kinds of numbers :eek:

I'm not saying it can't be or hasn't been done. I just want to make sure you know that even if you get the highest load rated tire, you'll be pushing it right to the limit.

Weight is a big factor and I have been cutting here and there with my stock brat I am around 1500 right now but they make 26 9.50 x 14 tires for atvs so I was pressed on try them out because I thought they might be a little stronger then a 12 inch tire All in all I probably will go 30 with regeared sammi axles and transfer case but I have done that already now im trying something different like staying stock welding the diff in the rear and a 26 inch tire so little involved cutting I only do mud and moderate trails so not to worried about doing crazy jumps and wild stuff just going on trails and leaving behind a bite mark