Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A new Brat Owner - with pics

Well I now have my dream project. I aquired a 1987 Brat over the weekend, now I get the fun of finsihing the restoration someone before me started. The body is very clean, no rust at all. The only big-ish issue is that I need to get my hands on a transmission, probly going with a 5spd and all that entails. I got lucky, the motor in the Brat was re-conditioned just before the transmission went out, and has all of about 5 minutes of runtime on it. So Im going to wait abit untill the 2.0/2.5 swap :)

Here are a couple pics of it, yes I didnt get it home till midnight so they are abit dark.

Edited: Changed where pics are located. Check my photo gallary for pics please.

Was that the one on craigslist?? Nice find though. Where abouts in Sac are you? The PnP's off Sunrise had a few 5spd D/rs that I saw a couple months ago when I was down there. They wanted $200 with a 30 day guarantee. I'll see if I can grab pics of my Brats insides this week and post them for you for your other post.

Was that the one on craigslist?? Nice find though. Where abouts in Sac are you? The PnP's off Sunrise had a few 5spd D/rs that I saw a couple months ago when I was down there. They wanted $200 with a 30 day guarantee. I'll see if I can grab pics of my Brats insides this week and post them for you for your other post.

I am behind McCullen park, the old airbase. And yep it was on craigslist for all of a couple hours before I jumped on it. Thanks for the pics, if you can get me those, you'll be a lifesaver..at least a time saver.

Yes, a trip to PnP is in my future, probably a very wet trip if I know my luck.

nice score. i finally got a brat at the begining of summer, but mine is definatly a project. ive nearly finished patching the drivers side floor and have started on te passenger side now. i highly reccomend shecking under the carpets, mainly around the corners of the cab and at the point in the foot weels where the floor pan meets the firewall. that seems to be where mine got the worst of the rust.

• 1 month later...

Nice exterior.

I'll be stripping an '84 that has a VERY nice blue interior, it's a northeast car with little fading. I'm only interested in the sheet metal, wheels and drive train from it. If you need anything from it, make an offer, and it's yours.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=9566

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=14696&cat=798

WOW! Your seats are in beautiful condition! Just a good cleaning. Soak 'em down good with hot water and Quik n' Brite (buy online, WELL worth the price), scrub with a brush and shop vac the yuck right out of the fabric. Takes the smell out too! Best upholstery/carpet cleaner in the world, leaves no residue.