Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Want in from the cold!

Oh man, I haven't been on here since it was .net! I even have my old t-shirt "Our World IS Flat"! :eek: Once again I am trying to find an AWD, manual Legacy wagon just like I had five years ago. All the vehicles I've had since then just don't have the same feel and personality that my old Subie did. Even had a Mk II Golf and even that little Cold War hatchback paled in comparison! So in the meantime, it's good to be back, I hope to have another Boxer 4 under control of my hoof very soon! Cheers!

- Schmitty

Welcome back......glad you are considering another Subaru, they are terific in this part of the country , on those cold winter days....full of snow and drifts.

Heh, I'm sure we all have "drifts" even when it's hot out ;)

Happy to have you back in the subaru fold, or cult, whatever you wanna call it.

Find a SUbe quickly!

The closer to winter we get the greater the price on them! (Or at least that's

what I'm hoping! :grin:)

Anyway, welcome back and I know you'll enjoy the stay, hopefully its an

indefinite one.

Twitch

if you start hitting Wisconsin craigslist in your search, you will come up with something. Seems I am finding stuff there, that came from down south (ie Florida) people tend to bring them home after being Snowbirds down south for the winter....etc. or they tend to sell them before heading south for Winter. If you can find such a deal, it will be not as rusted.

Thanks Tom! Actually 86 PM'ed me first about a 95 he had or saw, but it was automatic. I'm really holding out for the manual tranny. Only car I ever owned that was auto was my very first. After that, it's been sticks and I don't wanna go back. A friend of my brother's probably put it best...with an automatic, you are steering. With a manual, you are driving! :burnout:

• 3 weeks later...

I may have found something!

3993009804_cae477f576.jpg

93, nice condition and local! Seller installed the 2nd gen GT wheels on it. I wanted to do the same thing to my old Legacies but never had the extra money. He's looking to replace it with a truck since he's big into restoring motorcycles and I get first dibs. Haven't talked price yet or driven it, but it recently went to AZ and back without issue so I'm not very worried. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks Michael, but I'm pretty deadset on a standard suspension. I really like how my old Legacies handled. Much respect to lifted Subies though! Some friends from Michigan Tech did this to their GL at the student lots :)

rayssubaru.gif

End result being it came down HARD and bashed the oil filter, spilling oil everywhere! Good times. :)

Same deal down here, plenty on the DC Craigslist which also searches the general VA/MD area. Take Amtrak and drive back! I've done it up to NY no prob. Have an MTU reunion tomorrow, will have to mention the launching of that GL.

Wish I had the extra money to spend on one like that. If my job goes through, I might have that opportunity.

Hey 89, a little more background on that flying GL...it was owned by a dude who lived in 4th Floor East McNair (Mama's Boys), can't remember his name for the life of me. The jump took place from Lot 21 into Lot 26. I think this happened in 2001 or 2002.

Ken Brock takes speed and approach angle to predict the landing site, looks like Mr. GL jumper bottomed out a bit and chewed the lip off, lol, frozen ground notwithstanding. When I was there I think McNair was called co-ed. That's the land where I fell in love with subies even though I owned Chrysler's finest at the time.