Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm running yellow stars in my fogs. They are just a little yellow, enough to notice and help in actual fog. They aren't super yellow like you would get if you had a yellow lens fog. If you want that, go with the OPTILUX Extreme (Made by Hella) bulbs.

Just remember, http://www.rallylights.com has all your Hella Lighting needs! Sorry, they're my friends and I buy all my Lighting equipment from them.

Keith

I'm running yellow stars in my fogs. They are just a little yellow, enough to notice and help in actual fog. They aren't super yellow like you would get if you had a yellow lens fog. If you want that, go with the OPTILUX Extreme (Made by Hella) bulbs.

Just remember, http://www.rallylights.com has all your Hella Lighting needs! Sorry, they're my friends and I buy all my Lighting equipment from them.

Keith

Thanks dude! I didn't know there was such a site that catered to owners of Subarus!!!

From what I can see, looks like they take Subaru owners into consideration. Also lots of variety of products, thanks for the link!

I have been talking to them personally and they are super helpful. The yellow stars are back ordered that the moment till next week is what they are telling me. I will also be going with yellow lenses on my fogs. I just emailed them inquiring about their Optilux fogs.

http://www.headlightarmor.com/subaru-lighting-kits.aspx?page=5

Edited by Durania

I am thinking yellow for the factory fogs would be much better than the way the factory designed them.

tell more about the covers, and are the bulbs yellow without the covers. see in rain fog improved alot?

My outback has the factory fogs, i am either wishing to

-go yellow with covers so they actually do a good job

-convert to driving lights, but since they are so low, probably bad

-sell it

I am thinking yellow for the factory fogs would be much better than the way the factory designed them.

tell more about the covers, and are the bulbs yellow without the covers. see in rain fog improved alot?

My outback has the factory fogs, i am either wishing to

-go yellow with covers so they actually do a good job

-convert to driving lights, but since they are so low, probably bad

-sell it

Its a film that goes over the lamps pretty much. The bulbs are yellow bulbs.

Mine are 55W, 12v, H3s.

XY_H9.jpg

Edited by Durania

I did read that the yellow film isnt really enough. If you will go this route, make sure and get the yellow bulbs as well. I also forgot to add that I replaced the factory torx screws that hold my fogs in. One bolt snapped in half and left the other part in my bumper, the other stripped out the hole. I replaced them with 10mm bolts coated in anti-seize. Makes for removal and installation so much easier.