Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a pillar gauge pods

What's everyone using and how do they like it? I have seen a lot of great ideas for gauge locations on several threads. I would like to put the boost gauge next to the windshield to keep the trip computer and clock readout. I really like superdave's setup. What car was that originally made for? -or is it a generic one?

Thanks guys! I'll check on ebay later today. McBrat , I noticed you have a gas gauge in yours. The fuel level does not work on either of my cars - one digital the other analog. Is that gauge hooked to the stock sender? How do you like it? I had a lot of advice on previous threads - apparantly I have a bad module in the cluster.

I just went to advance auto parts and picked up a generic one. stuck my AFR gauge in it, grabbed some double-sided tape, and called it a day.

I never took a picture of it, because it really wasn't anything to look at. obviously aftermarket, but it wasn't ugly either.

Thanks guys! I'll check on ebay later today. McBrat , I noticed you have a gas gauge in yours. The fuel level does not work on either of my cars - one digital the other analog. Is that gauge hooked to the stock sender? How do you like it? I had a lot of advice on previous threads - apparantly I have a bad module in the cluster.

Mine's hooked up to a GM sender unit in a fuel cell. you need to find a gauge that matches up to the sender electrically, or put in an aftermarket matched set.

the Subaru senders are almost complete opposite electrically from the GM units... so I couldn't use my stock gauge...

• 5 years later...