built EA 81 dyno @ 113hp 121tq

spfi

5spd d/r

4.11 lsd both ends

4 in channel bumpers bull bar roll bar

pugs

rear disk brakes

It just needs painted maybe this summer

Its has a gl dash oil press, volt,tach Crusie ps and had ac and everything every other brats got but Ttops don't know why it didn't get them but thats the way it is

and no their not welded over i checked when i redone the head liner

It may have originally been an automatic - there were some years of Automatic GL Brat's didn't get the fun-tops. Can't remember the specifics at the moment but they did exist.

That is definitely an '82 GL though - center lamp gives it away. Along with all the others stuff being a GL.... my guess is that it was an auto or had a serious amount of swappage done in it's past to get all that GL stuff on it.

The power steering is definitely not factory so could point to upgrade/swappage. No Brat's came with power steering except the '83/'84 Turbo Brat's (as did all EA81T's).

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

well, all GEn2 GL's through 84 had t-tops. DL's did not.

in 85-87 all were GLs, but the only ones that got the T-tops were the Manual Transmission Brats. Auto trans GLs didn't get them.

if your core support has not been modified to fit the large rectangular headlights, then it's probably an 84 DL that had the dash replaced with the GL dash, and the center lamp added...

its a 82 orginal from AZ and is GL the center lamp is orginal all the wiring is and factory the title says its a 82 the vins all match body dash door jam

i've owned this one two times now and for almost 5 years this time and i think i am going to keep it this time

oh by the way it was a 4spd s/r when i first got it in 2001

ps the power steering is my doing from a rotted out Turbo wagon in dogtown junkyard castlewood va

Edited by 84gl

non turbo 5spd d/r with a custum made front ring gear (made it at work on a hc160 mazka mill) with a mod. lsd pack from a 300zx nissan the rear is all subaru r160 from a outback i think with rx lsd in it so,the Lo range and all other gearing is the same

its a 82 orginal from AZ and is GL the center lamp is orginal all the wiring is and factory the title says its a 82 the vins all match body dash door jam

i've owned this one two times now and for almost 5 years this time and i think i am going to keep it this time

oh by the way it was a 4spd s/r when i first got it in 2001

ps the power steering is my doing from a rotted out Turbo wagon in dogtown junkyard castlewood va

I'd bet it was a 82 DL from the factory then. it would have had all the wiring for the centerlamp, just needed to have the relay, lamp and harness added.

and all the wiring would have been there for the GL dash as well.

Either way, a nice set-up :)

maybe your right i don't know but its odd thats all i'm saying by the way the center lamp does work and the winch is the 5000 pound northern tool has with a home made remote control. oh for the record if any one wants to keep a stockish look the stock bumper ends fit the 4in channel bumpers i made that way the local law don't write you up on bumper laws in TN when is finished. The bull bar and roll bars are moded copies of the stock ones i made their made from 2 sc40 cold roll for the bull bar and 3in sc40 for the roll bar if any one needs help in my area make their own i 'll be gald to help