Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20H swapped Gen3 Brat build Continues Tear down time.

subaruguru

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been there lol. I have popped my 2.0TT bottom end and am in the slow process of transplanting a 2.2T block in the 2.0s place. (2.2TT FTW). I have the engine assembled now and waiting to install. but I have to finish remaking the front of the car to fit an STI radiator in. ha ha

good luck with yours. the TT is fun if you get it all working. lots of boost. I had mine hit 22lbs and 10K rpms before I popped it,lol

Edited by roostema4328

it's actually a DL lol started out as a FWD auto DL coupe then it was a 2.2 swapped with GL-10 5 speed 4WD swapped now its the TT 2.0 with an AWD 4eat 4.444 trans, XT6 5 lug swap and XT6 sway bars. OH and i chopped the rood off to make it a brat thanks to Bill (thebeastidrive) for his great fab work.

after this years show it will be getting gen 2 brat sheet metal for the bed rails and the Gen 2 brat T top roof grafted in.

Cheers R

As of now i am looking for a wiring guy i fought with it testing and trying to read the diagrams but i cant figure out what i need to get power to the ECU i have power in the harness i know this but i have no clue what plug went to the ignition. I really don't want to fry the ECU so is there anyone who is willing to help me out?

Cheers R.

it clears the turbo but not the down pipe we found it will be easyer to just move the down pipe over about an inch and it will clear the steering.

cheers

sweet thanks. thats nice to know.I may put my engine in my rx someday without the lift.

keep up the good work! once you get it all working it will be awesome!

As of now i am looking for a wiring guy i fought with it testing and trying to read the diagrams but i cant figure out what i need to get power to the ECU i have power in the harness i know this but i have no clue what plug went to the ignition. I really don't want to fry the ECU so is there anyone who is willing to help me out?

Cheers R.

I have the full '90 fsm and wiring diagrams for the 4eat, im using it to pull all of my wiring, would any of this help? I didnt read the full thread to see what your donor was.

no wont work for me, thanks though.

Good news though the car has steering now for the first time since i started the build the ignition is hooked up and i can start the engine with a turn of a key :grin: for the steering we found we could just run the down pipe one inch or so to the passenger side and it will clear the steering... kinda i had to cut 2 inches off of the steering shaft becasue it was too long for the U-joint to clear lower half of the turbo, with it short and a double U-joint cut and extended 6.5 inches the car has steering... WITH A TWIN TURBO!!!!! but now that the steering shaft is shortened i cant slide the U-joint up (not enough splines) so get it in without unbolting the column to slip it on BUT that is a very acceptable trade :) picks soon

Cheers R.

i plan on having true duels but idk if the exhaust will be done before the show it might just have the down pipes and cats. :headbang:

picked up my seats from storage the other day XT6 goodies :)i traded a set of impeza seats because the XT6 ones sit lower (im 6ft4)

DSCN5518.jpg

Yea the original plan was to have a 3.3 flat 6 but i found a good deal on this engine that is more or less easier to install and sold the EG3.3 to fund this project.

Cheers R.

Edited by subaruguru