Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20H swapped Gen3 Brat build Continues Tear down time.

subaruguru

We got the Custom down pipe made today thanks to bill (thebeastidrive) it fits like a glove the steering clears perfect is plenty far way from the trans dipstick. sorry about the ************ty pics but i only had my cellphone. It sounds bad rump roast BTW :grin:

P07-16-11_1806.jpg

P07-16-11_1756.jpg

Cheers R.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ran them out the side. they hang off the lift brackets in the back. It is not ideal and does take up a lot of room. but it sounds good. BTW I have ran exhaust out the hood and it is not a good idea. exhaust smell constantly goes into the interior threw the cowl and gases you out. lol

You are going to want to put a heat sheild between the turbo and that steering joint and also wrap the turbo in a blanket and wrap the down-pipe. Otherwise you will cook that steering joint for sure. Temps near the turbo can easily hit 1600 *F and you will destroy the grease and little rubber seals inside the joint if you don't protect it.

GD

I don't want to clutter up this thread, but I'm trying to send you a PM about that steering part, if you've gotten my payment/shipped yet. But when I go to send you a PM it says

"subaruguru has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

:confused::confused::confused:

It doesnt matter how many post you have or how long you have been here.

If you dont heed the warnings and then post something negative towards the mods, then you get to sit in the corner for a while.

When he has had time to think about his attitude, I'll unlock this thread.

hey everyone! made a lot of progress on the car while i was gone. I put the blower motor in and A/C delete duct this makes a ton more room, then got the dash in, BMC and pedal box installed, cut out lower core support for legacy rad and fenders on.

DSCN5950.jpg

DSCN5938.jpg

DSCN5943.jpg

DSCN5941.jpg

DSCN5944.jpg

DSCN5947.jpg

DSCN5948.jpg

and Bill's (Thebeastidrive) skech of what it should be after a ton of work.

DSCN5845.jpg

Cheers R.

Edited by subaruguru

• 2 weeks later...

update final TO DO List for the brat before the show.

Belt< Install

Throttle cable< Install

Brake lines-3/8"-24 female inverted flair tips 3/16 brake lines. < Buy Install

Tie rod ends < Install

Front axles < Install

Hood scoop < Install

Gauges < Install

Most will be done this weekend as it just needs to be put together after the major things are done then it's time to test it and button everything up before the show.

Cheers R.

Edited by subaruguru

Belt< Install

Throttle cable< Install

Brake lines-3/8"-24 female inverted flair tips 3/16 brake lines. < Buy Install

Tie rod ends < Install

Front axles < Install

Hood scoop < Install

Gauges < Install

Cheers R.

Quoting myself to save time #WINNING# updated list.

Cheers R.

OK SO it took some time but i got the cooling system together and was able to run it for an extended time so here is a short vid of it warmed up sorry it was dark out by the time i was done. http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z177/subaruguru/?action=view&current=DSCN6206.mp4

I still have a small vacuum leak but no issue i am going through it tomorrow.

Cheers R.

i hope to have it move on its own power today all i need to do is put the front axles in then up on the lift to button up everything under it. im using an XT6 FP to keep up the flow rate so i need to swap that in. then just double check all nuts and bolts.

Cheers R.

you may want to look into an aftermarket fuel pump. I dont think the xt6 pump will be enough to feed that thing under boost. If you do go with the xt6 pump. I would put a fuel pressure gauge on it and drive it to make sure fuel pressure stays within spec on WOT while under boost.

PS, nice work. keep it up

IT LIVES!!!! I drove it today just a little because all i have is the ebrake to stop with at the moment. It has great power and torque but the acceleration kinda sucks. my 5 speed legacy is quicker from a stop. So needless to say after the show the 4eat is getting 86ed and a 5 speed in a its place.

As for the FP it is working great it should have no problem being as its off a 2.7L and this is only a 2.0 the car already ran fine with the stock 1.8 FI FP in it and i put the XT6 one in today i was amazed at the size difference nearly twice as long as the stocker.

Cheers R.