Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20H swapped Gen3 Brat build Continues Tear down time.

subaruguru

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using the complete harness this engine came with everything from the legacy all the plugs, fuse boxes (with fuses) down the the battery cables all i will need to do is splice the ignition leads with the stock ignition and plug everything in.

I am going to be laying it out today i will get some pictures.

Cheers R.

Worked with the harness today got it kinda worked to where it will be when i put the dash back together and i actually found a JDM wiring harness for this so i can get the ignition wiring hooked up then get the trans plumed in and radiator i can fire this baby up :) or try to... :lol:

DSCN4884.jpg

DSCN4886.jpg

DSCN4890.jpg

DSCN4891.jpg

DSCN4892.jpg

DSCN4893.jpg

Cheers R

well worked on getting the trans in today good god what a pig that 4eat is and since the brat is an 89 it fits perfectly just need to make a trans mount i don't have one for a wide tunnel ea car just the narrow style might just take the ej and ea ones i have and make one that works still not sure.

DSCN4901.jpg

Then a minor setback and i am kicking myself in the rump roast because i know someone posted on it in this thread i need to swap out the XT6 cross member for a normal ea82 style due to the engine mounts being about 4 inches to far forward.

So thats the update

Cheers R

Edited by subaruguru

Ok just got back from working on the brat pulled the XT6 CM out and set it next to the EA82T CM sure enough its a good 3 or 4 inches shorter than the XT6 one.

With the engine out i test fit the turbo CM on the EJTT and it fit perfect on the passenger side i made a cardboard temp of the passenger side indentation and marked it on the drivers side then cut it out with a torch and the Turbo CM fit the new engine like a glove i got it drilled out to accept the XT6 control arms and bolted it all together at this point it was getting dark :( there is only so much work one man can get done at a time lol.

But i have set a goal to have this engine running by the First of next month :grin: i'm crossing my fingers that i don't hit any more major obstacles. Once i get it running then i can start to assemble the steering,exhaust,wiring ect.

Pics to come when i get something more interesting done :rolleyes:

Cheers R.

if you look in my 86 3door build thread, you can drill a hole where the spot weld is to make the xt crossmember fit the ea82, and the motor mount holes are within an inch out.

4 inches seems a bit much. It can fit. The xt crossmember will allow you to use an ej steering rack

ok got the engine and trans in and bolted together and got the starter to kick on by jumping it i couldnt get it to kick over through the harness but i think thats because i didn't have the park safety switch on.

Pics of tasty ej20H goodness :grin:

DSCN5002.jpg

DSCN5008.jpg

DSCN5009.jpg

Cheers R.

Yes exactly as twitch stated the ea82 have a hollow cam case on each side making it as wide if not wider than the EJ. The SOHC, DOHC EJs are actually close to the same width as the cams sit on top of each other.

I was exited to see that it sat as close to where the NA EJ2.2 did so the radiator will fit perfect and after i swap the fuel pump in i am on a fast track to firing this bad boy up :grin:

Cheers R.

just junk that driver side turbo and go single...

if you don't you will regret it.

googe the infamous words

valley of death...

http://www.dirtyolbc.co.nz/community/topic/487-the-single-conversion-thread-30/

Why would i regret it? i mean it's not like this is permanent later down the road i can swap to single if i feel the need.

Now please stop telling me what i should and should not do with MY car.

Cheers or not R.