Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fiberglass EA81 Guards

Any interest in these? Im considering getting a mold made but its only really worth my time if i can sell a few sets to recoup the costs. The molds would be based off the stock EA series hatchback/brumby guards. They would ship ready to paint and bolt on.

Pretty much impossible to find rust free guards in this country. Figured this option could work.

Probably going to be around $150NZD per guard.

For all who might be a bit confused - Guard = Fender = Metal panels on the front corners of the car which usually extend rearwards towards the leading edge of the front doors.

Edited by keltik
Added American translation

Any interest in these? Im considering getting a mold made but its only really worth my time if i can sell a few sets to recoup the costs. The molds would be based off the stock EA series hatchback/brumby guards. They would ship ready to paint and bolt on.

Pretty much impossible to find rust free guards in this country. Figured this option could work.

Probably going to be around $150NZD per guard.

Which guard are you talking about?

if the google currency exchange rate rate calculator was right it would cost $115 usd. Doesn't sound bad at all. But the freight to get the fenders shipped here from NZ would end up costing more than the part.

I remember years ago looking to get a suspension kit for my corolla shipped here from Australia was like $200 or something like that and would've taken 3 months

Id be willing to distribute them if you wanted to do a bulk shipment deal.

It would almost seem like we should be looking to get the mold made here and send you some instead of the other way around. Doesn't seem like there are that many Subaru's of this era left in NZ am I wrong here?

Have hit first big problem with this cunning plan. Need a mint set of fenders to make the molds from....

Anyways. I'll continue looking. But yes shawn - your right. Was mainly posting on here as i know all of the New Zealand guys keep an eye on this place.

Rocker panels just fix the rust then for off road use have someone fold up sill(rocker) panel guards from stainless steel we used to do that for our Rally cars here in Oz,works a treat for damage control off road.

As for Fiber glass Fenders wouldn't you make both styles stock and flared and cut for bigger wheel clearance if you were going to the trouble in the US.