Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rust.... and work on Mtn Grizzly

it drives much nicer now... with the bad bearings before it had sort of a floaty feel like the rear end was just gonna slide away from me on dry pavement...

even though I essentially only have use of the first 3 gears, this is still the most fun of my 3 old school soobs to drive regularly.

it drives much nicer now... with the bad bearings before it had sort of a floaty feel like the rear end was just gonna slide away from me on dry pavement...

even though I essentially only have use of the first 3 gears, this is still the most fun of my 3 old school soobs to drive regularly.

You need more engine. EJ It.

• 1 month later...

I had found a vac leak a couple weeks back that was contributing to the low power on grizzly... but it was still lacking... so tonight I went to swap out to a different weber, and I found that all 4 nuts had loosed that were holding the carb down to the adapter :) duh...

seems that at idle, the carb was sitting there fine and didn't have any vac issues, but when on throttle, it would pull up the base of the carb enough to create a leak....

so for now, I just reseated the carb with some lock washers and made sure it was tight... then swapped out to a different air filter and re-plumbed the PCV lines for the different carb base plate...

so we'll see tomorrow how it goes....

I had found a vac leak a couple weeks back that was contributing to the low power on grizzly... but it was still lacking... so tonight I went to swap out to a different weber, and I found that all 4 nuts had loosed that were holding the carb down to the adapter :) duh...

seems that at idle, the carb was sitting there fine and didn't have any vac issues, but when on throttle, it would pull up the base of the carb enough to create a leak....

so for now, I just reseated the carb with some lock washers and made sure it was tight... then swapped out to a different air filter and re-plumbed the PCV lines for the different carb base plate...

so we'll see tomorrow how it goes....

well, that wasn't it. actually runs worse now. gonna throw the spare weber on it tonight and see how it works....

didn't get to it last night, but tonight I did. got the manual choke installed , and adjusted the idle a bit...

had to put a new fuel line on since this one was facing the front and I needed a bit more length... (it didn't have the ports tapped to swap inlet location like my other one....)

also recentered the steering wheel...

Sounds like its coming along, did you ever think about putting on the pugs from the blue brat to maybe get alittle better MPG on the highway.

Ben

I don't have pugs on the blue brat. those are Genuine Subaru 14" chromed alloys! :cool: I sold the pug 15 alloys I had....

I just used these tires because I had them....

well, with the recently rebuilt weber (manual choke) it's less sucky on the commute... still can't use 4th gear, but don't have to floor it to keep up anymore (well, at least not after I get the rpms up to around 4k)

was cruising at 75 and still had a bit more I could have gone....