Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nice '73 1400 GL!

There is a really sweet 1400 GL near me in Rensselaer, NY. I saw it again at a Hemmings cruise in Bennington, VT this summer and met the owner. He stopped by at the shop I work at yesterday and I took these pics.

car015.jpg

car013.jpg

car018.jpg

Only 61-k and check out the factory tach too!

car016.jpg

car012.jpg

car011.jpg

car010.jpg

car009.jpg

You just don't ever see these cars any more!

Edited by Mike Kamm
I had the year of the car incorrect.

All the more amazing coming from the NE land of winter salt. Thanks for sharing the pics, you made my morning! Did he let you lift the hood?

Jason

You're wecome. I was at work and in my haste did not think to ask for an underhood shot.

Mike

Oh, by the way, it's a 73 model. I edited my original post title.

Edited by Mike Kamm

I saw this on Want Ad Digest the other day...

Beautiful car... and awesome to see it in CNY!

Whats he asking again?

I haven't seen the ad, but he told me in person that he wants $5,500 for it. I hope it stays around here and doesn't go to the west coast.

Mike

in Example... someone Owns a New Impreza... but Still Keeps the Old Leone Runnin' Fine, also I Like the idea of using Stones to Keep the Parkin' Spots:

LeoneandImpreza.jpg?t=1293352093

That Pic was Taken with my Cellphone's Camera, Somewhere Near Downtown of the City named: "Comayagüela" ... which is one of the Twin Cities (Along with "Tegucigalpa" city) that conforms our Capital City...

Your Wish is my Command...

I Have some Pics of Old Subies Runnin' here in my Country, Let me Search...

I remember seeing a artical in a Car Mag and it showed all the old cars guys were still driving in your country.

There was a pic of a guy driving a brown 1400 or 1600 station wagon. I remember it had lots off rust all over it.

There are Lots of 1400, 1600 etc... Old Subies, even some few in good "Showroom" Conditions, but I haven't Pics; I only have Few Pics of certain old Subies in my Country, like This one:

HonduranSubaruDomingo1.jpg?t=1293352734

Taken Nearby the Catholic Church, on the Small Highlands Mountany Town named: "Santa Lucía". it is a Beautiful Subaru Sambar 4WD Kei (Micro) Bus.

Yes, You'll See Lots of Rusty Cars here, but Many in Good Conditions... 'cos since here is the Caribbean, there's no Salty Roads; Rust is not a Problem here. I'll Like to see a Copy of that Magazine...

Sadly I never got a copy of it. It was years and years ago. dad pointed it out to me in the book store.

Not Hijackin' the Thread but about this:

If I'm ever down there I'm gonna drive an old suby home. haha.

another USMB member came to Central America Driving and back to USA again, See:

... I'm driving down to Central America next month to spend some time in Honduras...

... The trip rocked!

... Subies do exist in Honduras (i saw them with my own two eyes) ...