Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rarest Old-School Subaru Part or Option?

That was a Special intake manifold done by Weber for the early EA Subaru engines, Kostamojen obtained it from Japan for his Subaru FF1 (Star) Restoration Project, but then, he sold the entire, unfinished project to Subie Gal, and she is about to finish the restoration of that Awesome Subaru.

More Details, Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/77261-documented-the-1970-ff-1-project-car/

Kind Regards.

I had a 93 JDM Legacy GT wagon. It had remote central locking, and also keyless entry. You could program the driver's door handle with a 4 digit code. It worked by lifting the handle a number of times (beep each time), then wait for longer beep (end of first digit), then repeat for 4 times to get 4 digit code.

Bit of a gimmick, but very useful when locked the keys in the car :P

And I learnt very early don't use high numbers, because you'd forget what number you were up to...

• Like 3

How it works:

http://www.dirtyolbc.co.nz/community/topic/265-setting-the-keyless-entry-beeping-door-handle-thing/

The only thing I didn't like about that car was the auto trans. Cos of the auto, that EJ20T was fitted with the smallest turbo. But still wouldn't be on boost before the brakes overcame the stall converter :o

Still loved the taillights with reverse lights both sides instead of one fog/one reverse. And then had "clear" indicators like the earlier sedans.

Aus basically got a RHD US spec, not the JDM spec. So yellow rear blinkers with fog lights. The JDM rear lights were so much cooler.

...and this were the options for late Models

(1987 ~ 1990):

LeoneOptions.jpg

Including Digital Dashboard Buttons, Sporty Steerin' wheel and 14" rims.

This is a Fully Loaded Subaru Leone "Mezzanotte" Wagon,

Features all options, such like Factory 14" rims, Roof rack, Shaved body, etc...

SubaruLeoneMezannotte.jpg

On the lineup for 1990 ~ 1994, subaru dropped the options, Because they were selling Legacies since December 1988 for JDM and 1989 for the Rest of the World. 1990 was the last year for TURBO EA82's, and the 1990 ~ 1994 models had the basic or "DL" look; in example, the rear side windows on the wagons came with Rubber trim, no more "Glued" windows like the GL's, etc...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

I hate the way that no matter what model, there is still at least one blanking plate on the dashboard...

The only model I can think that wouldn't have any blanking plate:

85 model (cos carb with manual choke)

wagon with central locking (so get tailgate lock switch plus rear wiper switch)

electric mirrors

air/con

cruise control

headlight washers

front fog lights

height adjustable air suspension

trip computer

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!! Thumbup.jpg

Many thanks to you and your Friend for the Translation, and I Agree...

Air Cleaner in the Dashboard and also another in the Roof?

Those shall be the Rarest Optional Equipment on those Subies.

Maybe somehow, someday, someway I will find a "Real Life" Examples of those...

Kind Regards.

These are the only pictures I have left of the Diamond edition. Probably one of my favorite cars I've owned and also least driven cars.

Thank you for the Pictures.  :) 

Did you know that there also existed a "Star Edition" on the 1980's decade?

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/5893-anyone-heard-of-star-edition-ea82-3-door-coupe/