Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pug lug question

RAugur33

I am runnung standard Subaru lugs on a set of 14" Pug steel rims, will there be problems?

Question is based on the following from another post.

picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=2852

On the left, is the standard alloy lugnut. Next to it the standard steelie lugnut. Third from the left (and this is a guess on my part) is an alternate version for the alloy wheels. On the far right is the lugnut for the very early 504 wheels (I think; correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit: Apparently the far right lug is not a pug lugnut. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

I used stock Subaru lug nuts on my ea82 with 15 inch pugs, but they had a tendency to loosen up. I used the car for off road use only so it didn't bother me as it was all low speed, but I don't think I would trust them on the road.

My .02

-SB

Were your 15"s steel or aluminum?

The Poopenvagon always did, and still does, have stock subaru lug nuts with 15" pug steelies. It's probably been 8 years or so since that car was built, and the last 5 it's been used only for bashing around the farm. If it hasn't failed on that car, I'd consider it safe :lol: