Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 subaru 2 door hatctback

turbosubarubrat

• 2 weeks later...

Alright alright i guess so haha, git r done?

Yep just slowly. I bought a rebuilt motorcraft distributor for it the other day just need the plug for the distributor now...

Been working on this more. I have the engine and transmission pulled. The 5 speed d/r ready to go with the adapter plate tapped and bolted on minus the linkage needed to be modified. 6 inch lift almost finished thanks to scubaroo84. Already have a ea82 fuel injected pump ready to go. Just need to part out the legacy now. I am going to unwrap the harness and get Prwa101 to help me strip it down. So this thing could be running and driving in 2 or 3 weeks.

Rear with some weight on it with stock wheels and tires.

DSCF6647.JPG

DSCF6649.JPG

DSCF6651.JPG

Took out diff because i got a package in the mail...

DSCF6673.JPG

DSCF6675.JPG

DSCF6677.JPG

Front end is off. Going to run a ea82t front end. Cross member, struts, brakes, ect. Pwra101 is going to make me the ea81 to ea81 strut drops and cross member blocks.

DSCF6687.JPG

DSCF6689.JPG

DSCF6679.JPG

DSCF6683.JPG

Bought what i believe is a vlsd unit.

DSCF6691.JPG

DSCF6697.JPG

DSCF6699.JPG

Edited by turbosubarubrat

Got the gl-10 almost disassembled. Rear disk are ready to put on; I just need to turn all 4 rotors and brake pads all the way around. Engine cross member drops are proto typed and should be ready soon. Strut drops are going to be fun to find out to put chamber some what stock. I put the stabilizing rod drops in but need to fab up my 4/5 speed d/r cross member and extend the radius rods. Picked up oil for the rear diff, 5 speed d/r, and ej22 tonight. Project should be running and driving sometime this month.

Used a ea82 manual steering extension with only minor modification. Which can be done with a die grinder. The joint on the top needs more room for rotation so you grind down the part of it that hits until both sides have the same movement. I couldn't get the adjusting part to come off the linkage so i cut it and welded it. Which ended up not needing to happen if i grinded down the joint first.

DSCF6821.JPG

DSCF6823.JPG

Rear bumper fitted in and 2200 emblem on.

DSCF6859.JPGleft

DSCF6860.JPG

ea81 pedal box, middle ea82t, and right ea82.

DSCF6861.JPG

left ea82, right ea81 with ea82t clutch peddle grafted on

DSCF6863.JPGDSCF6866.JPGHad to light up the torch and doctor the clutch pedal since my feet are too big to have them close together especially in boots.

DSCF6868.JPG