Ultimate Subaru Message Board

did they make a baja edition brat?

She looks like a normal GL Brat to me. No Baja edition to my knowledge.The headlights look from 80-82 EA81 models.

The passing lamp probably came from the same car the headlights came from,which was available from 1980-82 with few minor changes in between.

Is he saying "$2000 lift"?It looks like a 4" lift. Perhaps with Nissan Pathfinder wheels.

It looks alittle beat for the asking price,he should at least clean the trash out before taking pics.

Also notice the painted handles, and tailgate emblems on either fender.

That Brat looks familiar... I think John Bloom / Mudrat may have worked on it at some point back in 2005ish  If that guy paid $2000 for his lift he paid too much.  All his cars in the ad looks like junk to me.  That Prelude (not civic) is probably worth $500-1000 tops.  The brat, nowhere near $4500... maybe $1500 on a good day?

• Like 1

Whole front end (radiator support, fenders, hood, and mabe more) looks like it has been replaced with one off a 80-82 since the fenders are wrong for a 84. The drivers side fender is setup for a antenna (its missing on the brat) which means its off 80-82 because brats were only setup like that in 81-82 and the passenger side doesn't have the hole which means its been replaced too. When I went over to Ashland and Medford I went to a junkyard last summer and saw a brat the same color as this with all the parts I mentioned gone plus all the other parts stripped off completely making it a rustless shell.

• Like 1

A "Wench" is a girl, isn't it? 

Or am I lost on Translation once again?

What does he mean with that?

A Sticker of a Girl :confused: 

Hah! Yes. A common misspelling is to incorrectly spell "winch" (The motorized cable that pulls a stuck rig out of the mud/snow) as "wench" (a tavern girl for lack of a better definition.)

I always find it funny when a wench is advertised as part of a vehicle sale, or is described as an upcoming modification to the car.

"I'm going to put a wench on the front bumper" - all I can picture is some girl riding around on the nose of the car.

• Like 1

Subaru 84 brat - $4500

2000$ Lift¦ 6 lugnut from 4, canopy $400 minimum value,,, wench, backseats worth $600, Roll bar...
RaRe Baja model,,, T-top, Cyclops headlights, atleast $4000 in add ons...
This car is awesome!!!! Wish i could keep it ...

So does he wish he could keep the wench?  What does a $600 wench look like anyway? 

Subaru 84 brat - $4500

2000$ Lift¦ 6 lugnut from 4, canopy $400 minimum value,,, wench, backseats worth $600, Roll bar...

RaRe Baja model,,, T-top, Cyclops headlights, atleast $4000 in add ons...

This car is awesome!!!! Wish i could keep it ...

So does he wish he could keep the wench?  What does a $600 wench look like anyway? 

30321.jpg

• Like 2

C'mon guys....that brat doesn't look TOO bad.

Although $4500 is too high.  Then again they aren't makin any more of them, and more of them go to scrap every day........and they are a collectible model.

Who's to say that it shouldn't be worth that?

Heck......If that one is $4500 mine is worth $12,000!!!

• Like 2