Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To the backyard body men

remove the a/c condenser if it has one, remove the radiator, make the radiator support as accessible as possible. Get yourself a 2x4 and a sledgehammer and start beating the ever loving **** out of it.

Get a bottle jack and try sitting it on top of the upward bent piece and finding something stationary to jack it up against to push it down. I mean, it sounds like all you need to do is make something that is currently shaped like this: __---- look like this _____, right? Just start experimenting lol.

Set the car on some jack stands to the frame and then lower something really heavy (like another car?) onto a piece of metal propped vertically on the bend? Idk man, just try stuff lol. Just be careful you don't break things or drop heavy things onto other things (like cars, onto people or limbs or other cars.)

Pics will come tomorrow. The bumper is like 1" higher on one side. I know i hafta "spring" it a few degrees past level to make up for it trying to spring back.

I was thinking a 4x4" post and a ratchet strap, or come along. Jack the car up with the 4x4, then wrap the strap around it to pull it down

I saw the OP.  I tried to think of an idea...  But nothing came to mind right away.  Pictures might have helped.  Also, I just never had to do that sort of repair before - it's one of those things I'd figure out best on site. 

I have a gantry crane and a backhoe, which have changed how I approach many projects.

• Like 1

It looks.like a direct hit straight up. It didnt bend the rad support back. It went straight up. I didnt realize it was even bent till i tried to line the hood back up. It hadda be a REALLY slow hit. Just the support took all the engine weight.

Tip for the day, narcolepsy, and driving dont mix!

Edited by crazyhorse001

• 10 months later...