Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goin Nuts HELP!

Hey folks I got an 89DL and I replaced the left cv 8 yes 8 times since Oct 2003 I just put the 8th one in Monday and drove to town 14miles and by the time I got there the cv was making the dreaded clunkin bangin sound they make when they go bad. I have had this happen with every one of them ALL are ARI cv's. ARI and my poor parts dude are wondering why this keeps happening. The car has never been in a wreck and all the arms are in good shape along with the bearings. I cant see any wore out parts it all looks rea good. Do need a bushing for the diff mounting but thats all. Any one have any ideas why this keeps happening? I am so tiered of changing that darn thing. Thanks folks in advance

Thanks folks. I have checked the application it is the rite one allignment is rite on and the joints a tight. The reason I havnt used a junk yard one is because they want the same price as the parts store wants for a rebuilt one. Its nice to know I dont realy need to worry about it for awhile. I will next time try a different company for the cv. Thanks again.

after about the third one, i prolly would have looked at junkyard ones, or a different rebuilder!?!

you arent ruining them, you are just buying crappily rebuilt ones, that are no better than a broken junkyard one.

I highly doubt that all 8 cv's were junk. I've used ARI's in the past with no problems. 8 cv's in 8 months? There must be something else goin' on there.