Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1992 Subaru Loyale yay? Or nay?

And hence we march towards automated vehicles and are already seeing vehicle management systems so integrated and complex that it's almost like you change radio stations and you have issues!

Yes  I know economics play a factor into this.  I know I'll be "staying back" with the older Gens to avoid programmed obsolescence of newer models. 

Passion for the older stuff helps too ;)  And in saying that GD, I realise you're running a business and I'm not.  I guess this is why I find your advice so brutally black and white at times that can be disheartening to someone that's new to mechanical stuff that just wants to learn. 

And how will restorations of modern classics happen?  My dad still keeps his factory restored 1929 Chev going without great issue.  I can't see these models being quite like this.

Cheers

Bennie

Yes, for some one with limit funds, and no time for hunting for and repairing or experience making parts, EA82 is a not great choice.   Go with the earlier legacies.   Check with guys that run them for which are the engines you want to avoide, parts availability, etc.

I want nothing to do with all these newer cars with auto everything.  That stuff might be fun, for the first decade of the car's life.  But I don't buy cars that young.