Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 XT door innards, window motor.

Hey all. I am repairing the door to an 87 XT coupe, and it is missing it's window motor. I have already checked Rock Auto for a new one and they don't have it. So my question is, does anyone know if a different window motor will work for this door? Thanks in advance.

There is a chance it was the same as a regular GL model from those years, or a Loyale.   But this is only a guess.   It's unlikely anyone sells aftermarket parts for this.  The ones in the wagons do not fail often.

9 hours ago, SiriusBlack said:

So my question is, does anyone know if a different window motor will work for this door?

RockAuto has the Right side window motor, so I guess you need the Left side.

I looked at RockAuto ( "interior, window motor" ) and found that other models use a different part number for the motor. The XT 85-91 use the same Cardone 474108 (left front) part number. Look at the images and you will see the difference.

If your local junk yard uses Hollander reference books, they might be able to tell if another OEM used the same window motor.

Here is a  LINK  to Hollander Parts dot com. I used your zip code 68333 to search for the left front window motor.

Looks like there are none listed close to you, but a lot of them will ship. You will have to call each one to see if they still have the window motor, because some yards forget to remove the listing after they sell the part or scrap the car. I have run into that, but eventually find what I want.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my regulator sorted out today. I took the regulator and cable reel from the driver's side of the parts car. Then I swapped in the cable from the passenger side. Had to cobble together a new plastic cable guide. Made it out of a piece of scrap I had around, used to be a 90 degree pipe attachment of some sort.

I'd post pics but the damn limit is saying mine are too big.