Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyal swapskies

Good day to yalls! Love the first post. 

I acquired a 02 wrx wagon. That some kid rolled last winter 70 in the passing semi's couldnt slow down when he seen the last one.. 

I was replacing a roof for a friend and she ended up selling me a 91 loyal for a hundred bucks needs an alternator and a battery. Well hell . Cant say no to that. Its just under 220k miles. All in all the loyal is pretty clean one rust spot. Oh yes ill be posting pics. 

Soo! Before tearing that wrx apart to trial and error what fits. 

I'd love to do spindles knuckles big wrx brake kit. Ooh and the 3inch cat back it has.. Lol what all can I bolt on from the wrx to the loyal? I read some swap forums. Not really gunna spend all the time to do a ej20t swap. Probably just rebuild that 1.8 eventually.  Or there's a outback in the tow yard next to my house (how i acquired the wrx). 

Thanks for your time!

Edited by IfjdmaintAwD

Loyale was the end of the design / style.  You have to look to earlier to find bolt on easy stuff.

Keep it running more or less OEM.  IF you want more power, an EJ2.2 FI is 40% more HP.  For less $ and time than any other extreme mods to the EA that will get you less of a power increase.  But now the transmission is a weak link...

It can and has been done many times before - the wrx engine into an L series. 

Not for the those who don’t know their way around an engine bay or how to read a diagram - unless you’re paying someone to do it, at which point get a good wrx with a dud engine and swap engines. 

There are loads of threads on the net about these sorts of conversions. Have a read of those and go from there. 

Cheers 

Bennie