Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air suspension shocks

Hi there. Just finished the registration process. I have a questions regarding a lot I won at a recent auction. I ended up bidding and winning a bunch of hydraulic cylinders and fittings. But when I got there to pick up the items, two very odd looking cylinders were hidden under the rest of the stuff. After cleaning them up, I noticed that they weren't hydraulic cylinders at all but car shocks. They have the following part number on them:

• Subaru 21081 GA 170 / Tokico 5 Y 27
  • Subaru 21082 GA 002 / Tokico 002

They are obviously Subaru shocks but on what car? The only hint I got was from a Subaru parts retailer with a somewhat similar part number for an 1985 XT.  The first one looks new'ish with a big G written on the side of it (good?) while the second one looks used.

Does anybody have any additional info on these?

Thanks and Cheers.

Edited by auctionjunky

Whats the little solenoid/electrical thingy hanging off the side of it?”

Trash

Sorry for the pessimistic reply. But that’s old crap that was replaced with typical strut and spring set up. Nobody is wasting time rebuilding those and anyone with an air ride system is likely to have replaced them by now.