Ultimate Subaru Message Board

seattle 2 Wcss6 caravan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes about 2.5/3 hours to get down there.

If I wasn't driving the motorhome, I would go through Randle via highway 12 and then straight south through the woods to Hood River, we came back that way last year and it was fun.

Zap, Qman, do you use CB or FRS radios?

We're gonna get a bunch of compatible two-ways. Cheap motorolas or something. (a whole different post I'll stat up when I'm back in Seattle in about a week) We also have cell phones, they work the best. As for more details about a caravan with Ken and I, I will also start up a thread about that with about 2 weeks to go till the meet. We'd love to have you along Scoob, more help the better.

I'll be leaving Olympia Friday morning. Not sure what time but might be a similar schedule to Zap's. I'm driving the motorhome so probably won't drive over 60/65, not sure if anybody wants to drive that slow.
Are you kidding???? This is a subaru show you're headed to. We barelly do 60 down-hill with a tail wind! :lol:

I'd love to hook up with one of those groups .... That 6am sounds like a real killer though.... Anybody still down for that Noonish departure time??? I'm Seattle local, can do Southcenter, or Tacoma... It does not matter.

if you guys(well some of you) are meeting at 12 or something in seattle then i might be able to join your caravan... i dunno though... depends on how fast my 79 will go... :rolleyes:

but ya... you guys are talking about meeting on the the friday right???

thanks all

if you guys(well some of you) are meeting at 12 or something in seattle then i might be able to join your caravan... i dunno though... depends on how fast my 79 will go... :rolleyes:

but ya... you guys are talking about meeting on the the friday right???

thanks all

correct...

MATT...when time get closer,:cool: lets get a head count for friday ok...

shore up the Time...either noon or whatever ....spark.....send me P/M

Pmed you... Just wondering is anyone planning on bringing there mountian bike? Theres got to be some sweet places to ride down there...:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo... Money is gonna be SOOO tight for me to drag one of my delapitated cars down to hood river... With the legacy's frying an alternator and having just replaced it and having to replace the battery and replacing the muffler! Totally running out of money 150$ for a rebuilt alt 300 from the stealership and 75$ from the auto recking. It would be 13.00 if it was at pap!!! Guess I might just have to go in the wagon :(

Gee Matt, sorry I didn't hear about you alternator problem, I think I have one around here that would work, but I'm probably too late.

I'll probably be leaving somewhere in between Matt's group and Zap and Qman, probably be leaving my place around 7 AM, that should put me in Hood River hopefully around noon (us old guys need to stop more often then the younger guys and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up). I've got Zap's and Qman's cell numbers, could I get one from the nooner group so if I get in trouble along the way, I can call someone and maybe they can help me out?

Gee Matt, sorry I didn't hear about you alternator problem, I think I have one around here that would work, but I'm probably too late.

I'll probably be leaving somewhere in between Matt's group and Zap and Qman, probably be leaving my place around 7 AM, that should put me in Hood River hopefully around noon (us old guys need to stop more often then the younger guys and I wouldn't want to hold anyone up). I've got Zap's and Qman's cell numbers, could I get one from the nooner group so if I get in trouble along the way, I can call someone and maybe they can help me out?

Hrm everyone seems to want to leave earlier? I will be taking friday sat sunday and monday off so I guess we can leave whenever if I am whats making everyone meet at 12. Meeting at 7:30am would be fine with me as well, beat alot of traffic... I did go out and buy a remaned alternator from action auto for 150$ but its got a lifetime warranty so thats good. But it also might screw plans up for people who won't be checking this post again and show up at 12 and wonder where the heck everyone is.

Ok SOO... I counted all the "I'll be theres" and the "can I meet up with the caravan somewhere cause i'm too far away from southcenters" lol. We got.

Me (der.)

Sparkster.

84 scoobaroo but he sounds like he wants to leave earlier now.

Ratty2Austin confused about what hes bringing.

Turbone wanting to leave earlier or meet us up at tacoma mall?

Baccaruda wanting to maybe meet us somewhere?

All Talk wanting to meet us somewhere?

Subaru 420 can meet us at southcenter

Zefy wondering if his 79 can go fast enough to meet us at southcenter in time for the caravan.

Maybe next week we can all swap cell #s or something and be able to meet up with people along the way. Seems like a kinda small caravan right now but I know of a few more people coming. Or maybe we could scrap this and join the eariler caravan instead. :-\

:banghead: just got home from 5 days at seaside ,oregon.....yesterday on my way to Tony's in medford,or i pulled over just north of eugene,or and ck'd the hornet .only to fined i blew out my drivers side axel.....grease all over hell...got to les schwab in eugene and they put a new one on...now the damn think is clunking on my left turns.......JC......$160 ...iam still planning on friday at noon i might have to pass the hat...ahhahah......sparkster:rolleyes: