Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good god!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didn't. Please post a link if you would be so kind.:drunk:

its not there anymore. it was really clean in the engine compartment, all the hoses and whatnot were bright yellow, big stupid wing, i think he had all of the back seat stuff torn out, jabbering something about a custom speaker box.....

i think it was around $5,800 when i saw it on sat.

-mike

oh 4 shizzle my nizzle

where is my gun i need to kill my self

now

speaking of guns, i almost shot my car today. goofy thing ran fine last night, put oil in this morning, ran fine, put in my iron maiden cd, wtf? she stopped running. walked to work, had a typical day, went back to the car and poured a beer bottle of gas in the tank and after a couple minutes it started up. drove about a block, hit a red light and it died, fired back up and pulled into the gas station, dead. so i figured that was the prob, wrong. ran like crap all the way to adam's, would die at stops if not over 1200 rpm. when i went to leave she fired up, died. i changed to a punk cd, wtf? ran like a frickin champ the 20 mile trip home, even gave a riced out jetta a run till i ran outta revs.

strange little car,

end semi-rant

-mike

tiny itsy bitsy problem

if i kill myself over rice.... how do i use the otehr 5 shots?

come back as the ghost of suby anti riced vengence and start capping people with rice suby's with the remaining 5 shots..

and since i would be a ghost

your finger prints are on the gun.. thus leavin me dead and you,,well screwed

lol

ugh pastmy bedtime heheh

tiny itsy bitsy problem

if i kill myself over rice.... how do i use the otehr 5 shots?

come back as the ghost of suby anti riced vengence and start capping people with rice suby's with the remaining 5 shots..

and since i would be a ghost

your finger prints are on the gun.. thus leavin me dead and you,,well screwed

lol

ugh pastmy bedtime heheh

uh, i think he shot himself and passed the gun;)

-mike

OH WOW ITS GOT A PS2 NOW I CAN PLAY A VIDEO GAME ON AN 8 INCH SUPER CRAPPY LITTLE LSD SCREEN IN MY DRIVEWAY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A REAL TV INSIDE. Or hey i could just live in my car all together. Plus everyone knows you look way cooler playing a video game squinting your eyes facing backwards in the back of a ricer then sitting on a couch. derrrr... stupid american kids... oh wait :banghead:

*Dons bullet-proof vest*

Ok, don't shoot, yet..... Here's my question that I asked my friend a few days ago and we could not define a clear cut answer.

Whats the differance between a "ricer" and a "performance import car"?

I mean there are two sides to me at least and they line is taste. Take say that SVX, it had an aluminum wing, with the stock spoiler mind you, racing seats, front body dam. I mean at first glance, from the front I thought it looked ok, but then I got to the inside and back, and his story. The other side say like that WRX. I really wouldn't consider it "ricer" as it doesn't say "Uber fast" on the windshield, or have a large aluminum wing. The body kit is also painted and looks professional. Not all cars can be lifted and tough. Not everyone wants to drive something thats stock. Sooo, wheres the line?

Phil

Whats the differance between a "ricer" and a "performance import car"?

/QUOTE]

Simple.

A 'Ricer' is any car that wears 'tupperware' and glow in the dark flashing LED Spinnah wheel trims etc... and the reason for such modifications is either partially or wholly to look good, (which of course is a subjective thing).

A 'Racer' (or as you put it 'performance import car') is a car which looks cool, but ONLY as a byproduct of BEING cool, in other words the modifications and additions to the vehicle are all about actually making a genuine and positive difference to the performance of the vehicle, be it brakes, suspension, tyres, wheels, body or engine mods. Some mods you cant even SEE until the owner says, "Yeah I put some adjustable camber brackets in and painted them the original satin black."

Painting the external surfaces of your original, stock, brake cailpers dayglo pink so you can see them thru the wheels is 'Ricer'. All you are doing is trying to draw attention.

Painting a set of six pot Harrop perhformance calipers in a bright red so you can see them through the wheels is 'Racer'. You are drawing attention to the fact that you have spent some large bills on some very good performance parts.

~~~~

Crystal ?

Any arguements ? :D

Simple.

A 'Ricer' is any car that wears 'tupperware' and glow in the dark flashing LED Spinnah wheel trims etc... and the reason for such modifications is either partially or wholly to look good, (which of course is a subjective thing).

A 'Racer' (or as you put it 'performance import car') is a car which looks cool, but ONLY as a byproduct of BEING cool, in other words the modifications and additions to the vehicle are all about actually making a genuine and positive difference to the performance of the vehicle, be it brakes, suspension, tyres, wheels, body or engine mods. Some mods you cant even SEE until the owner says, "Yeah I put some adjustable camber brackets in and painted them the original satin black."

Painting the external surfaces of your original, stock, brake cailpers dayglo pink so you can see them thru the wheels is 'Ricer'. All you are doing is trying to draw attention.

Painting a set of six pot Harrop perhformance calipers in a bright red so you can see them through the wheels is 'Racer'. You are drawing attention to the fact that you have spent some large bills on some very good performance parts.

~~~~

Crystal ?

Any arguements ? :D

I disagree, drawing attention to your performance parts is still kinda ricer but at least it is slightly more respectable. I am much more of the "sleeper" persuasion. Make performance mods to your car but keep it looking as stock as possible, that way people won't know what they're getting into when they throw revs at you at a light.

I still laugh every time some kid in a focus revs back at my crap loyale when i'm just trying to even out the idle at a light by revving up. i then redline 1, 2, and 3 leaving him and his overdrive auto in the dust. now these kids would't even try if my car wasn't covered with dents and scratches with the crapped out 13 inch steels with hub caps that are scratched to hell and back.

I've come to a simple conclusion on the "ricer"/racer debate in my area.

RICER: Ground effects are too low that they can't drive on most of the crappy roads in Vermont; car sits in a garage or, *gag* on blocks under a tarp in the driveway through the winter; "entertainment" units in the vehicle cost more than those in the owner's apartment.

Racer: Still have their stock rims shod with a set of Hakkas hiding somewhere for winter; has the intake under the hood to make the hoodscoop actually DO something; realizes that the stereo should not eclipse the sound of the engine, just incase...

$0.02