Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rally suspension parts?

i do not really want to compete .i was thinking more for my own dimented style and uses.it would not necassarily need to have anything bigger than a couple of inches in lift.i was just wondering what i could be looking for in parts from other roo's.i believe i heard that xt6 stuff would be benificial.???

i had heard of someone putting a dual shock setup on the front of their wagon or something like that....they made their own bracket,which i think i could do.i am mainly worried about the engine weight....i can do a number of things to the back.what do you guys think about that?

Engine weight? in a subaru>? You have to be kidding. :lol:

Hate to tell you this son, but one good 'n pissed off 97 pound weakling can pretty much pull an old soob engine by hand

SubaruBrat has some custom stuff done on his suspension. Again, fabrication is the key. and if you use suspension to lift a soob/lengthen soob suspension, you will have to make adjustments for camber problems. All involve fabrication.

like i said,fast ,fast ,fast, on not so nice roads.that is what i am looking for.i just read something about rx springs on the front of someones brat.i just do not like to bottom out ,it is my pet peave.to strengthen i guess would be a better term, stiffen, maybe.

Stiffer is not what you want in a rally car. The idea is to absorb the energy of the road, not bounce around and weaken the car's suspension from the pounding. What you want is suspension travel and the best way to get that without changing the actual geometry is weaker springs (ideally, progressive springs that get stiffer the more they get to the end of their travel) and much more effective dampening from the shocks.

like i said,fast ,fast ,fast, on not so nice roads.that is what i am looking for.i just read something about rx springs on the front of someones brat.i just do not like to bottom out ,it is my pet peave.to strengthen i guess would be a better term, stiffen, maybe.

I have RX springs on the front of my 82 Brat. with new struts and the RX springs it lifted the front end over an inch. I have a modified lift, and even with the RX springs and susp cranked up all the way, my axles are holding up. (though you really should urethane your tranny mounts too. the axles are almost at max extension, so any side movement of the tranny will quickly shorten the life of the axles....)

and yes, my Brat is stiff with the susp cranked up in front with RX springs, and a clocked torsion bar in back....