Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Copper HG Source??

the shop is in southern cali. i emailed with the folks there and they "stopped making the gasket sealant and sent the recipe to some folks that do MG's and other makes as he said he didn't have time to do it for every order." i never heard from the folks as i requested order info from their 800 number and email site.... maybe, just maybe I'll remember before tomorrow?????

Ask Corky, he may have gotten a couple of sets when he did his.
He did, here is a site, http://www.headgasket.com/whoweare.html . I made contact with this guy a few years ago, I think he still has the digital data that Skip created for him.

There is no sealant needed with copper head gaskets, but if you feel you need one, Permatex makes a copper based head gasket sealer, that one should work fine.

A purchased a set of Subaru head gaskets from Paeco a while back for my 1997 2.2ltr Impreza. It can't hurt to call them and ask if they have it for your particular model.
I really don't think they would do one subaru and not another, they're not THAT different. but you may have to send them a stock set