Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Searching for Springs

Perry

Well, I have decided to use a set of Scorpion Springs on my Baja to create a mild lift. I haven't heard anything overly bad about them, and they will accomplish my aim of a tighter ride, more ground clearance, and room for some bigger tires when they are needed. And I figure it is an easy starting point for bigger things to come. ;-)

However, I have been checking around little and have not found any yet. Does anyone know where I can get a set. I see they are not even pictured on the Scorpion sight, so I am worried.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Perry

Why lift it and put such girly street tires and wheels? Lift looks good, but the Aussies have bad taste in tires.

SWAMPERS BABY!!!!!!

Duh it's so a muffler tip like THIS wont rub on the ground! :lol:

CIMG1353.JPG

Is that even a tip anymore? Looks more like a WMD :-p All kinds of stuff on that site.

I dunno that I'd get the springs only... why not the whole lift?

Lift looks good, but the Aussies have bad taste in tires.

Settle down big fella! At least our taste is good enough not to sell the Baja here...

Oh yeah, bring on the swampers!!! we don't get any little swampers here ;)

Also, you won't find the Scorpion Springs advertised as Scorpion Springs here in Australia, we know them as King Springs because that is who makes them. Every time you see a cars specs as having 'king's' then that is what we are talking about.

Ben (from the land of the lift kit)

Settle down big fella! At least our taste is good enough not to sell the Baja here...

Oh yeah, bring on the swampers!!! we don't get any little swampers here ;)

Also, you won't find the Scorpion Springs advertised as Scorpion Springs here in Australia, we know them as King Springs because that is who makes them. Every time you see a cars specs as having 'king's' then that is what we are talking about.

Ben (from the land of the lift kit)

Ben, thanks for the info. But, I contacted King and they said they did not make any springs for the Baja, etc, nor did they plan to. What's up with that?

Perry

Ben, thanks for the info. But, I contacted King and they said they did not make any springs for the Baja, etc, nor did they plan to. What's up with that?

Perry

Prolly relates to what he said about not selling Baja's in OZ? I spose no sense in making a kit for a vehicle they don't even have there :(

Perry. If you decide to go with the xceleration, get ahold of Sean at Rallitek, I think he's gonna go that route too. Maybe you guys could save some shipping. . .

I'll stand by my statement that Aussies have bad taste in tires. I've seen photo after photo of lifted soobs with big giant roo bars with plain old AT tires. . .

. . .And. Although the Soob lift kit may have originated in AU, I think the USA has become the land of the lift kit. I've owned 9 lifted ones personally, http://community.webshots.com/album/37919799NGXlOA and been in the company of more than anybody in the world except maybe Brett himself.

Several times we've had 10 or more lifted ones together at one time. :drunk:

check out the link below my sig.

Yeah, fair enough we have bad tyres, even worse are our tyre options...

A lot of the lifted subes I see definitely have MT tyres, but then a lot have AT's too, but the main thing is dependent on where you live and the intentions of the use of the car. My primary aim is to go beach fishing. We don't get a lot of rain here so mud isn't commonly seen, therefor AT's suit my needs better.

As for the springs, isn't the Baja just a uted Outback? Won't springs for the outback suit it then?

And as for 10 lifted subes in one place, there would easily have been more than 10 lifted subes at the last BYB BBQ held in October of this year :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak85

Eric, how many subes were at the West Coast Subaru Show this year? Help jog my memory! :lol:

Roughly 135. ;)

135? is that all? We had 37 cars at the last BYB BBQ, and based on the fact that we have roughly 1/15th the population that you do, then you would have needed 555 cars show up to match us - hrmm, 555, wonder if there is any significance in that?

:grin:

lets all remember that this is not a pissing contest....a soob is a soob is a soob...thats what bringsa us toghethera herea...(sorry, felt like a southern baptist preacher)

A and B conversation.

C your way out of it. :lol:

kidding.

All in fun RX. All in fun.

What about installing a small block/bracket---lifting your existing spring up an inch or so? :confused:

Humm....

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer---serious clearance!

01 Forester---poor clearance and gears to match! :banghead:

Mudrat has told me he can do just that for me. He adds blocks to the lower spring perch. He will send complete units ready to install. It sounds like a good plan B is I can't find the springs, but I think I want stiffer springs than stock.