Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2nd Annual East Coast Subaru Show at Carlisle (Website is up!)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

And I'll show up in something Subaru that has already yanked lifted Brats and lifted Hatches out of the mud.......and not a bit away from stock!

Hey,one time at Pine Barrens I pulled TWO cars out with one pull!! Or was it THREE cars????

The family truck I call it.

You call it a touring wagon.:-p

Hey,one time at Pine Barrens I pulled TWO cars out with one pull!! Or was it THREE cars????

Actually I think it was FIVE and it wasn't even running, you just hooked the tow rope to the windshield wiper and "wiped" them out:grin::lol:

Dave <would still still be burried in the NJ sand if it wasn't for Paul and his mighty T-Wag>

Actually I think it was FIVE and it wasn't even running, you just hooked the tow rope to the windshield wiper and "wiped" them out:grin::lol:

Dave <would still still be burried in the NJ sand if it wasn't for Paul and his mighty T-Wag>

hehehe.......

...but seriously,that one time where EJ was door deep in muck over by the power lines,huge field of mud.

It was at least two in one pull.I pulled the last car which was daisy chained to the next one or two cars.My son will probably remember.He actually reminds me of that once in a while.

it would be cool if we could get a rallycross going. ive yet to hear of any local scca branches doing rallycross. if there was enough interest, it might be enough to convince one or two to start hosting them.

I remember they had racing of some kind at the event last year. I missed it all becouse I didn't know where the track was untill I looked at my grounds map when I got home.:rolleyes: But I know they had racing.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so for those of us who have to drive a long ways to be there...

This is going to be a blast. I hope I can make it.

I am totally in for the food idea! :)

I just hope I can get lifted before then and figure out what's up with the cooling system in my car. :-\

it would be cool if we could get a rallycross going. ive yet to hear of any local scca branches doing rallycross. if there was enough interest, it might be enough to convince one or two to start hosting them.

The region in State college had a winter Rally Cross series, but it is done for this year :(

I found out about it the afternoon after their last event.

Also, last year there was the Auto-X event at the meet, I'm assuming they will have it this year also.

Hey guys, I'm completely new to this site. I just bought a 1987 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon and the only thing it needs is a good steam cleaning for the engine. Covered in salt for some odd reason... lol. Anywayzz, I hope to someday go off-roading with you guys because it sounds like a whole lot of fun. My friend knows of a good trail about 15 miles long that has a good camp site at the end, I watched a tape that he filmed from in the cab of his brother's Bronco and the trail looks pretty knarly. Nothing a Subaru can't handle though. Mine has high-profile tires so it rides pretty high. Switching from a Honda Accord to the Subaru was like switching from a skateboard to a bicycle ;] It sounds like you guys have a blast on these trips. I'd love to join you guys when I have the time and a higher paying job. I hope to turn this car into a real off-road beast... maybe, lol. As of now, I'm still in high school and plan on going to tech school after that. Between now and then, I need to find a better job. I paid $1,100 for the car, and I'll probably end up spending about $300-$400 on minor little this and thats. I'll put another post up in a couple days... I guess you guys can just introduce yourselves so I can learn who everybody is and what everybody does and stuff. I'm really looking forward to someday being part of a Subaru off-road club. Sounds like a heck of alot of fun.

p.s. I HATE Hondas.

I am going to get that done soon, so far, only 3 registrations. Time to get those things pouring in!!!

AAARRGGHHH!! I was just about to fill out the registration when my wife goes, "Hey isn't that the weekend of your cousins wedding?" AAARGGHHH! I so wanted to be at Carlisle. I really wanted to see your lifted brat. :) We may come down for sunday, but most of the show is done by then. :(

Grrr... I need a clone to goto the wedding. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I should be registering sometime today or tomorrow. When is the deadline for us to get the group tent?

Oh and if will help to get people registered... I got to see the name badges that Melissa is making up for the event.

They are SO F*&%ING INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Each one is hand crafted, sure to become a collectors item... I don't want to go into details, and ruin the surprise.

Scott, I'll be contributing to the "Food Fund" when you get the details up. I can bring a cooler or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Hay, what is up with the reg page, and situation? Is there a cut off for a tent? Even if we don't get a set amount of people signed up in time won't they have a tent set up at the end of the row anyway? Really we deffinitlly want a tent other wise there is no place to escape the sun!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Reg page will be up tonight! I have recieved 1 registration other than my own via email. Without 25 we will NOT have a tent like last year, or a club area, we will be scattered all over the field. This time last year we had a dozen registrations already. Please go to the carlisle events website and register!!!

I am going to try and get my registration in this weekend for Bucky...Once I do that I will go into crazy mode getting him ready....Have to make him look nice ya know;)

Can't believe I am going to show a Loyale....whats wrong with me:grin: :banghead:

Connie,

Nothing wrong with showing Bucky, he's a beautiful EA82 wagon:D:D

I'll register 2 or 3 cars in the next day or two. Not sure what I'm going to bring...

• 92 Racer SVX (completely gutted and lightened to about 2700#s)
  • 92 SVX stock and perty
  • 86 Brat mostly stock and ruggedly perty
  • 97 Legacy stock loyal and reliable at 212k

I will probably be bring the racer, although that will have to get there via trailer and Ben's ford.

Any other requests??

Oh boy,is this where we boast about how many rides we *could* bring?:)

Most likely the '78 will be there.Many other possibilities....

Bring Bucky!!!!!!!! Make a window display about his name,etc. and people will get a kick out of it.Have some fun with it."Boxy is Better!", "Looks like a refridgerator because it doesn't want the Honda apetizers to spoil", "Lifter tick to you,Heartbeat of life to me"...like that.:) Better yet,load it up with some anti-Bush stickers.No Child's Behind Left,and the thousands of others.Just kidding-see below.

I'll probably register soon.

It's a family event,lets not forget that,please.I'll probably be solo or with my son,we'll see.But,regardless,please refrain from inappropriate language/terminology around the kids,mine or anyone's.

I'll ask again,only this year to everyone,not just Scott,who apparently has no repect for my opinion on this matter.

Can we please not show off political banners,etc in a manner that causes the whole group to appear to be part of that particular banner,media,etc..??

Last years Bush display was a no class move,Scott.Especially after I PM'd or emailed you personally to

keep our political beliefs out of the Carlisle show.

If that's what you choose to do then do it,I can't stop you.But you'll not see me in a group that involves you again if that's the case.

Agree to no banners,or verbal attacks on anyone in relation to today's politics and I'll be happy to attend along side of you....

Freedom of speech is a real pain in the rump roast isn't it. For those of you who were not there, this alleged Bush display consisted of the two bumper stickers on my car that were there for months before and months after. There were no banners/flyers etc.

I took no offense at the "Don't attack Iraq" what have you sticker on a bumper there and enjoyed my time just the same. I didn't think that it made the group look anti patriotic. I am not christian but the christian bumper sticker/fish symbol didn't make me feel like it was a church serivce. I will not scrape any bumper stickers off my car because someone else doesn't like it. And I would never ask anyone else to do the same. The American flag will fly from my roll bar just as it does at any show I attend. I make no apoligies for my beliefs and would never attempt to shame others, publicly or privatly, into doing so.

And I will say so publicly on this point as well. You search any post I have ever made regarding Moosens and you will find I have always treated him with the utmost praise and regard as being a straight shooter and stand up guy. I have at times joked in a purely good nature about our political differences, but always with a smile and respect. If anyone has knowledge of an unkind word I have ever spoken of Moosens let them say so. I am sorry he has chosen this forum to attempt to bully me publicly.

EDIT This year's "display" will consist of the following, after taking careful inventory of my vehicle. One Bush Cheny 04 sticker on the rear windshield, and one I support the troops type on the bumper. And two American flags on the roll bar. No hats, pins, pamphlets, shirts, flyers, banners etc. will be present. If the bumper stickers on my car or the American flag so offend you that you (who ever "you" may be) that you have to throw a tantrum and stay home, then stay home.