Ultimate Subaru Message Board

simple wiring question

have a 91 loyale wagon...basic am/fm cass---need to attach an AM noise supressor....which color wire on the back of radio is the power supply....I thought it was the blue...clipped it and power was cut off---put supressor on line and it did nothing to help

never had such noisy AM on any other sub before---increases with engine rpm

The noise may be being picked up by the antenna instead of the power lead. If the antenna ground is not good it will pick up excessive noise. If the noise sounds like a snapping noise then the ignition wires are probably causing this. Replacing the plug wires and coil lead may help fix this.

have a 91 loyale wagon...basic am/fm cass---need to attach an AM noise supressor....which color wire on the back of radio is the power supply....I thought it was the blue...clipped it and power was cut off---put supressor on line and it did nothing to help

never had such noisy AM on any other sub before---increases with engine rpm

I have had sipilare problems with 11 meter(cb)radios. normal 40 ch runs on am. try the ground on your anteana, if its grounded onyou still get noise, try a filter inline of your power suplly if none of this works, try replacing ignition wires or getting a new am/fm anteanna from radio shack.

i dont know what colour it is but just get a light bulb or led solder to wires to the terminals and poke one into each of the connectors with the other wire touching some metal on your car. when it lights up you got your 12 volts supply. Have the keys in it to:).