Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anacortes Junkyard

I'll be dropping family off at the Bellingham airport and plan on "accidentally" taking a wrong turn and visiting the sooby graveyard I've been reading about just east or south of anacortes.

If anyone wants me to keep an eye out for anything let me know. Also I'll have my digital camera with me so if you want any pics let me know.

While searching for parts here I came across a thread about a parts yard near Anacortes. I can't remember who wrote it but they mentioned something like a hundred old subies!!. Not sure if I believe those numbers but any yard with more than 20 subies warrants a road trip!!(plus if I'm let down I can always just keep going and go to Deception Pass).

Wicked, I'm interested I could cruise down on the ferrry from Victoria, if you can get a rough idea of what's there turbo's, gl-10's, and rx's or anything else of interest. Last time I went to Annacortes the custom's girls wouldn't me let on the boat till I ditched the rolling paper's that were in the car :confused: apparently they could have been used for drugs? That they could not find on me or the car. Bizzare. Maybe it was my toque eh?:lol:

Go north on I-5 until you go thru Mt. Vernon and then take SR20 westbound and that will put you on the highway heading for where the thumbnail is centered. You can ask local info if you can't find it from there. It's not too many miles off of I-5; if you miss it you'll wind up in the Pacific Ocean!:lol:

umm, thanx for the thumbnail but could you widen it up a bit so i know how to get there from pap in lynnwood? only been here since july and have a lot to learn about what is where and where is what :D

well, he's got alot of subies but has been shut down since march!! drove all the way from redmond up there and went to his door where his weiner dog wanted to make me his lunch :D anyway, he said he's been shut since march and cant sell cars or even parts...:( i guess the state gov did its thing...anyway, i was pretty miffed of course and he suggested a wrecking yard up the road where they had some subies but pretty picked clean..all in all, a nice road trip but wished he had been able to let me roam and pick since it looked like he had a couple of nice wgns...

My family ALWAYS goes to bellinghan as it aviods costoms line ups, but apparently there was some kind of seat sale flying out of Van Intenational and no-one told me about it until I started driving in the wrong direction. Of course it then became my fault cause I'm sapossed to be psychic:banghead: