Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got my techworks parts ceramic coated!!

2000 degree titanium colored satin coat. Just sounds pretty.

DSC00603.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

Got the headers on yesterday. I don't know how Will did this in 15 minutes, because it took me a very long time. I had to replace the turbo cooling hoses with longer ones due to the new placement of the turbo, but luckily I have extra hosing sitting around.

I also did a port/polish on the extra turbo I had sitting around. So part of the time I spent was on replacing the turbo.

The results I'm very happy with. Definitely more power, and in places where it never existed before!

So now I gotta figure out how to finish of the exhaust system, and put the downpipe on.

---todd

1300 degrees celsius right? If it's Fahrenheit, there's going to be trouble. :brow:

It is fahrenheit. I talked with the people at HPC. They said that they had a guy doing wrx headers for a sandrail and he never had any problems. Also, the coating has a life time guaranttee. If the coating melts off, then they will recoat it for me or they said I can add the additional price and get it extreme coated which can go beyond 2000 degrees. So I am not worried.

It is fahrenheit. I talked with the people at HPC. They said that they had a guy doing wrx headers for a sandrail and he never had any problems. Also, the coating has a life time guaranttee. If the coating melts off, then they will recoat it for me or they said I can add the additional price and get it extreme coated which can go beyond 2000 degrees. So I am not worried.

Hrrm, ok cool! I just thought that Subarus typically rung between 1450-1550F stock. I know my Outback Sport did, whether it was turbo'd or N/A. 1550F was when it was pretty hot and humid outside during the summer. That's why I mentioned what I did about 1300F. Good luck! It looks nice though.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone else gotten this done? Can turbos be ceramic coated? If so, maybe it could help some of you with the stock turbo setup. It's not nice to #3 cylinder you know.

Yeah, I'm still thinking about having this done to my turbo when I get back.

If anyone has their block apart for a rebuild, and you're looking for some extra ponies along with keeping good combustion efficiency and what not, look into getting this done to the crowns of your pistons and also the piston skirts(the place where you get alot of friction from side to side movement). It is worth it no matter which way you look at it. Besides, ceramic on metal doesn't hardly wear at all. Aahhhh...........Think of the possibilities!!!!!

• 1 month later...